• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
Bola (Updated to PK v1.8.8)

Chiblocking Bola (Updated to PK v1.8.8) 1.4

This is not an official ProjectKorra ability, therefore, no official support will be provided in any threads other than this one. Use at your own risk.

Download version 1.4 if you want to run it on Spigot 1.13.2 and PK v1.8.8,

Download version 1.3 if you want to run it on Spigot 1.12.2 and PK v1.8.7.

Ability description: Bola is an ancient throwing weapon in real life. Chi blockers used this weapon in the Legend of Korra to catch their target.

And this is the ability:

Mechanics:
The move has 3 charges just like airpunch.
There is a delay between shots so you can't spam it to hit all 3 at once.
You can't control the direction of the rope after you shoot it.
It has a time limit to shoot all of the ropes. If you reach the limit, the move will go on a cooldown.
It deals damage to the mobs. (Nothing else, only damage. Damage increase with each shot to the same target.)

1st shot:
* It gives slow effect to the target

2nd shot:
  • It gives more slow effect to the target.
  • It has a chance to chiblock the target.
3nd shot:
  • It gives much more slow to the target (Target is unable to move unless it jumps)
  • It has 100% chance to chiblock the target.
How to use: Left click.

Default Configs: (Full path is-> ExtraAbilities: Hiro3: Chi: Bola: )

Bola:
Cooldown:
4000. ................ // 4 seconds after the 3 shots or limit reach. ( Increase this. It was 4 because of the test purposes. )
MaxShotTime: 3000 ........... // 3 seconds time limit. ( You have 3 seconds to shoot all of the ropes )
TimeBetweenShots: 500 .... // 0.5 seconds delay between shots.
Range: 20 .......................... // 20 blocks range.
Speed: 1.25
FirstSlowness: 1
FirstDuration: 5 .................. // Duration of the first rope.
FirstDamage: 2 .................. // 1 heart ( Only enabled for mobs)
SecondSlowness: 3
SecondDuration: 5 ............. // Duration of the second rope.
SecondDamage: 4 ............. // 2 hearts ( Only enabled for mobs)
ThirdSlowness: 6 ............... // A.k.a. unable to walk.
ThirdDuration: 5 ................. // Duration of the third rope.
ThirdDamage: 6 ................. // 3 hearts ( Only enabled for mobs)

You can find the source code at here: https://gist.github.com/EmreNtm/f739064119cf70dd295f455128460f66
Author
Hiro3
Downloads
First release
Last update
Rating
3.33 star(s) 3 ratings

More resources from Hiro3

Latest updates

1. Bug Fix

A bug that cause particles stay forever is fixed. Version 1.3 is for ProjectKorra 1.8.7 & Spigot...
  2. Bola is updated to PK v1.8.8 and Spigot 1.13.2

Bola version 1.1 is for PK v1.8.7 and Spigot 1.12.2, Bola version 1.2 is for PK v1.8.8 and...

Latest reviews

Hey! I really like this ability, but I have experienced a small bug that causes particles to stack for the First and Second shot, but not the Third. This causes lag for my players. I was wondering if you could add an option in the config to reduce the amount of particles (maybe per shot?). Thanks a lot!
Hiro3
Hiro3
Hi, i want to recode all of it with the next update but it won't be soon. Thank you for your review.
Please update it for 1.8.9 for PK
Hiro3
Hiro3
Why would you want an update for a 1 star move
Great addon, love the concept and the way it works. Perhaps you could add a toggle for if you want it to damage players. Maybe holding shift could have a charge up feature and then left clicking while holding shift could send it faster and further.
Hiro3
Hiro3
I love the charge idea. Thanks for the feedback : )