• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Challenge - Tell everyone you know about this.

Chaoz

Update:
On 2018 08 07 Alvacato was beaten by Ajanssens by 5-0.
Ajanssens has now taken Alvacato's spot as the #1 airbender
His discord is: Ajanssens#1154
On 2018-08-06 airgod was beaten by Alvacato by 4-3.

Alvacato has now taken my spot as the #1 airbender
His discord is: Alvacato#1752

The challenge remains for any qualifying participants, you will now have to best the man who bested me.

Hello everyone, Zu... - Chaoz here.
I am challenging every airbender in PK to a 1v1 fight, this is to test who the current best airbender is. If you are willing to participate in this event, you must prove your worth first.

These are the requirements:
You need to be able to chainblast at least from 3 different angles mid-air.
You need to be able to cloudhop at least 5 times in a row.

These are the two requirements you need to prove your worth, once you have showed me that you can do that, you're qualified to participate in the event of fighting the current #1.
Send evidence of your qualification through video footage or by getting the air king on a server to see you follow through with them.
My discord is: Chaoz#5784
IGN: airgod

We will fight 7 rounds, the one in lead will emerge victorious. Time limit for each round will be 30 minutes.

Stalling/running for more than 10 minutes is not allowed.
If you win against me, then you must bare the responsibility of taking my place and you will have to fight airbenders who have met the requirements, and if they win against you, then the same will apply to them, until we can all agree upon one true victor of all of us.

As the lord of airbenders, you must accept every challenge by a qualified airbender requesting a match. The two parties must agree on a time and date themselves.
To make matters even more exciting, the challenger must go on the server that the current #1 says to fight on.
However if the challenger can not fight in the arranged server because of latency issues then fight will have to occur on the official PK server.

In the case that I get beat, the person who beat me will become the new #1 and I will go down from #1 to #2. And the same applies for every other challenger. That means that if you win against the #1 who beat me, you will become the new #1, the old #1 will go down as the new #2 and the old #2 will go down as the new #3 and so on. This is to have an accurate measurement of who's better than who.

This event will last from the moment I post this to 2018-08-15, 10 days from now.

Well alright then, let's see who the best of us are.

FINAL RESULTS
WINNER: Ajanssens

Last edited:

xNuminousx

10 minutes of allowed running time is a lot. I would restrict the running to 2-3 mintes at most. That is, if running means the constant evasion without attacking.

Chaoz

@xNuminousx it doesn't really matter to me personally, I have all the time in the world to wait it out and then take care of the challenger once the time is up.
I'm just here to kill and find out who the best airbender of the month really is, other than that, I couldn't care less about what people do.
That being said, I am considering adding a few rules.

xNuminousx

Did you plan on having people spectate? If someone wants to be a troll they could just run and people will loose interest and not want to watch/compete.

Loony

Update:
On 2018-08-06 airgod was beaten by Alvacato by 4-3.
Alvacato has now taken my spot as the #1 airbender
His discord is: Alvacato#1752

The challenge remains for any qualifying participants, you will now have to best the man who bested me.

Hello everyone, Zu... - Chaoz here.
I am challenging every airbender in PK to a 1v1 fight, this is to test who the current best airbender is. If you are willing to participate in this event, you must prove your worth first.

These are the requirements:
You need to be able to chainblast at least from 3 different angles mid-air.
You need to be able to cloudhop at least 5 times in a row.

These are the two requirements you need to prove your worth, once you have showed me that you can do that, you're qualified to participate in the event of fighting the current #1.
Send evidence of your qualification through video footage or by getting the air king on a server to see you follow through with them.
My discord is: Chaoz#5784
IGN: airgod

We will fight 7 rounds, the one in lead will emerge victorious. Time limit for each round will be 30 minutes.
Stalling/running for more than 10 minutes is not allowed.
If you win against me, then you must bare the responsibility of taking my place and you will have to fight airbenders who have met the requirements, and if they win against you, then the same will apply to them, until we can all agree upon one true victor of all of us.

As the lord of airbenders, you must accept every challenge by a qualified airbender requesting a match. The two parties must agree on a time and date themselves.
To make matters even more exciting, the challenger must go on the server that the current #1 says to fight on.
However if the challenger can not fight in the arranged server because of latency issues then fight will have to occur on the official PK server.

In the case that I get beat, the person who beat me will become the new #1 and I will go down from #1 to #2. And the same applies for every other challenger. That means that if you win against the #1 who beat me, you will become the new #1, the old #1 will go down as the new #2 and the old #2 will go down as the new #3 and so on. This is to have an accurate measurement of who's better than who.

This event will last from the moment I post this to 2018-08-15, 10 days from now.

Well alright then, let's see who the best of us are.
Nice challenge.

What I will say is that, it doesn’t really prove someone’s the best bender. Someone can be amazing on one server but crap on the next, cause of config changes & different abilities loaded. For instance, is cloud hopping an ability?? Never heard of it.

Chaoz

Someone can be amazing on one server but crap on the next, cause of config changes & different abilities loaded. For instance, is cloud hopping an ability?? Never heard of it.
Cloudhopping is a form of airblasting that allows you to simulate flight, it can only be done with right timing, which is why I put it as a requirement here, because timing is a big part of fighting as an airbender.
Generally speaking, on servers where the configs don't give enough freedom for the players to move as fast as they can, due to cooldowns, assuming that a player is maining that server config, we do not expect them to come forth with any good results.
That is why often you find people joining servers and calling everyone out for being bad.

But yes, you are correct. If you take the wings off a butterfly, you will restrict it's ability to move. But if you were a butterfly without wings to begin with, then surely you won't be able to move when given wings - as good as the other butterflies. You'll have to adapt to having wings in up to a month, two months, or maybe even up to a year. It all depends on your potential.

But that's just practically speaking, usually the expected outcome can turn out to be false, but until proven so, we don't know. But we can judge their ability on other than just airblasting for instance. Their sense of situational awareness, their timing of other moves and not just airblast, the order in which they do things. All these things are put into consideration when evaluating someone's skill, and what we usually find is that servers that we consider to be bad have players that are lacking in those departments because the configs are not letting the players to fully utilize the moves. So they adapt to easily-counterable tactics, constant usage of the same patterns, relying on another strategy that they often use when in a pinch, which badly compliments their already constant usage of the same patterns. Simply put, they rely on their usual patterns to take care of the fighting instead of thinking ahead of time on what the possibilities are, outcomes, what the reaction to action can be. Usually this is because of the configs they have adapted to, they are unable to break out of character and do something unexpected that might in turn be rewarding. These are the traits of a bad player. Once someone breaks out of those bounds, only then have they entered the "okay bender" stage. And from there on, there's only more room to improve.

After a while, when they learn skillful things that seem near to impossible to the "okay benders", they are then on their way of entering the "good benders" stage. Obviously from there on it's just skill play until you become so good that next to no/only a few people can outmatch you in a fight. That's when you see people calling themselves "gods". A lot of time, these outmatched players come from the TLA plugin, but since these players are getting worse because of the lack of skillful people to fight(and because of that they leave), I truly want to know who the best currently are in what element.
All though since I'm just knowledgeable about airbending, I think it would be wrong of me, someone who can't utilize the other elements as good as air, to be hosting an event to find out about that. So I'll leave that to someone else, perhaps my comrades will be making a similar post in the future.

P.S: Alvacato lost on the seventh of august, I will update the entire post to make it more refined once I am done with a few things that I need to tend to.

P.S.S: There are a few things I left out on the "These are the traits of a bad bender" part, which I'm sure you can pick out if you ever want to argue back, but then you'll have to ready yourselves for a lengthy reply of all the possible traits of a bad bender (when put together. Sometimes a good bender can retain some of the traits but use them in a more effective way)