• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Watermanipulation (new?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
For some odd reason, I feel like I seen this (de javu?) somewhere on the forum, but have no luck finding it. Just for the sake, I'm posting this anyway.

Ok, Watermanipulation!
What will it do?
  • Left Click >> Hold Sneak. (At the element source block)
    • Smoke will come out of a block.
      • While you're holding it, click anywhere at the air.
        • This will move a waterblock from the soure (or duplicate if the water pool is infinite-source).
        • To move it around, you point and click where you want to.
        • You must click every 3 or less seconds to keep the waterblock lifted in the air/block.
        • Note, that this also moves solid blocks that are consider the element's source, in their unchanged form (e.g, leaf block, snow, ice)
        • When this ability gets nullified/stopped, depending of revert settings, the block will drop down (like a sand block) and upon fall stay there for a certain amount of time.
  • Left Click >> Hold Sneak for 7 Sneak.
    • The Smoke (appearing within 1 second) will dissapear from the block, and fish item will conjure in their.
      • While you're holding it, click anywhere at the air.
        • This will move a waterblock with the fish inside from the soure (or duplicate if the water pool is infinite-source), with the fish disappearing from its sourced out spot.
        • To move it around, you point and click where you want to.
        • You must click every 3 or less seconds to keep the waterblock lifted in the air/block.
        • Note, that this also moves solid blocks that are consider the element's source, in their unchanged form (e.g, leaf block, snow, ice).
        • When this ability gets nullified/stopped, depending of revert settings, the block will drop down (like a sand block) and upon fall stay there for a certain amount of time.
        • As you imagine, the fish stays in the block or jumps out (if let's say the sponge absorbs the liquid) of it.

Applications:
  • First thing would be primary used for to carry out task as a bucket: when lacking off one.
  • Second thing would be primary used for to carry out task as a fishing rod: when lacking off one.
The Two are also the references from the show.
  • First one is obvious, second was seen in the very first episode by Katara.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Do you think it should effect other, when switched, abilities?

Let's say you hold sneak, and switching to torrent allows you draw straight water from a pool without starting with the 'ring'? Whilst it is controlled like that, it should merely then be used for utility purposes (deals no damage - allows to create for example streams down a hill? Or it could also carry people if you left click. Seperate suggestion: http://projectkorra.com/threads/suggestion-reference-reorganized-and-tweaked.5397/

Maybe your "Stream" suggestion could be incorperated to how that technique should be activated (hold sneak, and switch to Surge)? Well, this is kinda off-topic. You could edit this idea onto their.

Last edited:

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Let's say you hold sneak, and switching to torrent allows you draw straight water from a pool without starting with the 'ring'? Whilst it is controlled like that, it should merely then be used for utility purposes (deals no damage - allows to create for example streams down a hill? Or it could also carry people if you left click.
YES
Maybe your "Stream" suggestion
My Stream... what?
*dives deep into my own content, cringing at old ideas and comments*
... oh stars.
I really like your idea better, since you describe it as being usable without the need of holding down Shift, which makes it easier and more useful to use!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
YES

My Stream... what?
*dives deep into my own content, cringing at old ideas and comments*
... oh stars.
I really like your idea better, since you describe it as being usable without the need of holding down Shift, which makes it easier and more useful to use!
Well, yours isn't that bad:
  • It's bigger
  • Well balanced: because you cannot move rigidly whilst sneaking.
  • Yours pushes entities, while this extention doesn't rerially do anything (unless you're referring to the torrent)
My extention is just mainly for utility, as I said, to move 1x1 waterblock from one spot to another.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Well, yours isn't that bad:
  • It's bigger
  • Well balanced: because you cannot move rigidly whilst sneaking.
  • Yours pushes entities, while this extention doesn't rerially do anything (unless you're referring to the torrent)
My extention is just mainly for utility, as I said, to move 1x1 waterblock from one spot to another.
Oh, so yours works more like WaterControl and less like FinnBueno's WaterSmash?

Loony

Verified Member
What?? Why is a fish being spawned?? xD

We already have plans for WaterManipulation, which makes these changes invalid. Thread denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.