• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Important The Role of Concept Designers

Kiam

Verified Member
Hello community members. I am writing this post to clear some things up for you all. It's come to my attention that some of you have come to false conclusions of how the changes for the plugin are planned and designed, so I will let you guys know a bit more about the process.

About a month and a half ago, I messaged the concept designers to come up with a document of all of the ideas they wanted to official propose to the changes for the plugin. This is their main job as concept designers, to design and endorse certain concepts given to them. A huge part of the ideas proposed were ideas that came from the "looking into" section of the forums. We then all look at the document as a whole and discuss things to decide what makes it through to the end.

The role of concept designers, as I stated before is to propose their own ideas and endorse and propose ideas that have come from the forums. The suggestion section of the forums is there for you all to speak to concept designers about the ideas that they have with the plugin. However, it does not mean that we can implement all suggestions that a concept designer endorses or marks "looking into".

That being said, I am looking to pull more concept designers on the team, and it is extremely important to me that community input is included in the development of the plugin. As a server owner and a lover of this community, it's one of THE most important things to me. If you feel that you have a lot of ideas that reflect the wants of the community, I urge you to make an application to be a concept designer.

Thank you,

IceEyes

Verified Member
I think you should get a concept designer who is more into the old bending style/bending plugin.
Why?
Because you'd have someone that represents a part of this community which likes the old bending better. And if two sides fight about something they might find a solution which both sides like, the pk ones and the tlas.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
One TLA fan vs the whole PK community? This might be interesting.

I already did applied to Concept Developers. Hopefully we get some (excluding myself) good people who are dedicated to work in that position. :) Make Kiam impressed!

Loony

Verified Member
I think you should get a concept designer who is more into the old bending style/bending plugin.
Why?
Because you'd have someone that represents a part of this community which likes the old bending better. And if two sides fight about something they might find a solution which both sides like, the pk ones and the tlas.
I've been here since TLA lol. Bringing someone who likes "TLA style of bending" (even tho it's the exact same) would be pointless because they wouldn't be open to change anything whatsoever..

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Remember waterspout spiral animation? Well, somebody liked and because of that - we returned that feature. We shouldn't completely disregard those fans, because maybe we could have forgotten something like that could be turn out a worth of time of coding or taking into consideration that the fan has to offer by reintroducing that certain feature she/he's suggesting which was back in Orion's time.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Still, I'm sticking to my point. Not everything it should be looked a worthless thing (at least if there is something potential in it).

chazpants

Verified Member
There's ideas I do like and ideas I don't. For example I like the idea of charged fireblast looking meaner with a bigger radius. However I dislike firejet becoming almost like fireski where you can't charge a move on it which made fire combat very enjoyable

IceEyes

Verified Member
I've been here since TLA lol. Bringing someone who likes "TLA style of bending" (even tho it's the exact same) would be pointless because they wouldn't be open to change anything whatsoever..
That's exactly the point.. if he goes against what you want to do, you guys had to find a compromise. (That's what politics should work like too... two extremes fighting for their side and in the end find a compromise.)

Loony

Verified Member
That's exactly the point.. if he goes against what you want to do, you guys had to find a compromise. (That's what politics should work like too... two extremes fighting for their side and in the end find a compromise.)
If one person goes against what we do, we don't have to find a compromise. We can't please everyone, since everyone wants different things.

IceEyes

Verified Member
If one person goes against what we do, we don't have to find a compromise. We can't please everyone, since everyone wants different things.
There are two groups, those that like pk and those that like tla and since this is the ONLY bending plugin try to do something that pleases both qroups, and to do so i thought it would be a good idea to have someone in the group who doesn't always agree with what you are doing. He'd be representing the tla group of this community. And btw, I don't mind what you are doing with this plugin. Actually I am open for the new things you've announced and I can't wait seeing them implemented. But there are people in this community which don't agree with where you want this plugin to go. And I think it would be fair to let their opinion count too and find a compromise which pleases both sides.

Loony

Verified Member
There are two groups, those that like pk and those that like tla and since this is the ONLY bending plugin try to do something that pleases both qroups, and to do so i thought it would be a good idea to have someone in the group who doesn't always agree with what you are doing. He'd be representing the tla group of this community. And btw, I don't mind what you are doing with this plugin. Actually I am open for the new things you've announced and I can't wait seeing them implemented. But there are people in this community which don't agree with where you want this plugin to go. And I think it would be fair to let their opinion count too and find a compromise which pleases both sides.
Uh, then I'm that person already?

I don't like some of the things we've done. SandSpout, AutoSourcing, PlantArmor, which is why I want them all removed, showing an opposing opinion. Would that not count?

IceEyes

Verified Member
Uh, then I'm that person already?

I don't like some of the things we've done. SandSpout, AutoSourcing, PlantArmor, which is why I want them all removed, showing an opposing opinion. Would that not count?
Look, you are standing where the compromise should be. You're like inbetween the extremes. But you are definetly not an extreme tla fan.

Fyf

Verified Member
I have been here since TLA, and I feel like I represent the TLA fans pretty well in debates.