• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestions Required: Customer Damage Modifiers

DanStryder

Verified Member
So don't shoot me down by saying I can change damage values within the config. I'm not looking for that.

What I'm looking for is a way to change the damage of bending, after so many uses of the move i.e I use fireblast 100 times and I gain an extra half a heart of damage to my fireblasts, so something like this:

FireBlast:
Uses:
100: 0.5
200: 1.0
400: 1.5
800: 2.0

So this would add onto the current damage of FireBlast. So say I've set FireBlast to be 1.5 points of damage per hit, and I've used FireBlast over 400 times then the damage value would now be 3.0 points of damage.

I know I've repeated myself but I don't know how else to explain it. I know there is the likes of McMMO out there but I don't all the skills etc with it too.

Thanks for your time.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I personally don't see this happening. Why would continuously doing something empower it? You may think of training to become stronger but that's different. Think running on a treadmill. Just because you keep running doesn't mean you get fast, maybe over many weeks of gaining muscle but not in that moment or that day. After excessive bending, the point is to get fatigue and have to recover. Granted, this isn't exactly displayed in the plugin but that is the overall point.

I think it's a nice idea with good intentions, but I just don't see it happening.

DanStryder

Verified Member
To be fair, I do running and if you continously do it then you gain stamina and are able to run further, you also gain muscle strength so you are able to go faster. So in that sense I don't agree with you, however I'm open to ideas to adapt the concept I.e instead of 400 times of using a move, it has to be 400 times that you successfully hit either a mob or player. The likes of Citizens could be incorporated.

Just another point, for those who have considered it, logging of hits could be handled either locally or via an SQL database.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
So don't shoot me down by saying I can change damage values within the config. I'm not looking for that.
And why not? Because my first argument (against the idea) would be If you trying to implant such a feature for the intend to have new players start with low damage input of any particular ability, they can just buff that ability in the first day or two from min to max by simply mindlessly spamming it 100 , which whilst might take a few hours they can still earn If not cooldown/delay is implanted in between stages or for every click it's made to take that into buff-account. Some will, some not, but I wanna know If your not overlooking or are oblivious to this issue at all.

And the bolded words brings me to another argument why this concept might not make it's way to the plugin. This can encourage spamming. "Oh, I can make my fireblast very overpowered by clicking this few or many times with it? Well, I'll go an arena and abuse the system or not realize I'm spamming/overusing this ability on others to do the time". I hope I don't need explaining, because in a nutshell: This would fail.

And lastly, this would give unfair/unnecessary/unbalance advatange to veterans players over unveteran advantage. If this system was officially intrduced and easily accesible to all servers, the owners will (intentionally or not) would kind be of a punisher for a new player of starting off, and especally those in mind are not there scheduled to pay often. Heck, a new player that only has time to play a few days per month would feel even more discourage or just annoyed that they have go through fireblast spammers veterans who have stronger fireblast than theirs.

There are many threads that asked for this request, and your not the only one just to add, but all if not many were rejected/denied. Just a disclaimer high expectations and I'm giving out a few reasons (that I pointed out, above) why this might not make it to the plugin.

DanStryder

Verified Member
I can see why you are saying this but there's no need to be aggressive about it.

This idea doesn't need to be a default thing, it could be managed in a different way, like I said in my previous post it could be changed so that it had to be successful hits on a particular entity, ie a player or an uncommon mob.

I get that it does tip the odds against new players in favour of vets but you also just said it would take a couple of hours to get the same kinda strength. I was hoping to implement this as maybe a permission based thing. It doesn't have to be a massive change in damage, I've seen servers where mcmmo is implemented and it ruins bending, I don't want that, I'm after a slight increase in damage to reward players hardwork/dedication. And again, this doesn't need to be a core feature, it could be either a side plugin or a configurable feature that is defaulted to false so server owners can change it if they wish to use it or not.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
There are plans to make this possible, but the implementation of such thing is still a long way off. A lot of people would like a way for ProjectKorra to become RPG like (so you can train/level up skills, etc), and so do I. But, it's probably a while off before being possible, sadly.

Also, don't take what people say to heart. People have very strong opinions sometimes :p

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I can see why you are saying this but there's no need to be aggressive about it.
I wasn't. Sorry If it did sound hostile, although I had no negative emotions filled up from reading your original post. I was just providing my points why this idea isn't feasible in my idea.

This idea doesn't need to be a default thing, it could be managed in a different way, like I said in my previous post it could be changed so that it had to be successful hits on a particular entity, ie a player or an uncommon mob. I get that it does tip the odds against new players in favour of vets but you also just said it would take a couple of hours to get the same kinda strength.
A few hours, yes, but that player could stay longer and be a casuel player that plays like more oftan new players, thus beating their crap without giving a chance for others for them to defeat the veteran player, especally when this kind of levelling system leads to spam encouragement. You also to take in consideration than your not the only one might have your hands onto this feature, which unprivilliaged may server the severe consequences I described as any server could take this, imo rigged mechanic.

There are plans to make this possible, but the implementation of such thing is still a long way off. A lot of people would like a way for ProjectKorra to become RPG like (so you can train/level up skills, etc), and so do I. But, it's probably a while off before being possible, sadly.
At least with that upcoming planned RPG Tree System (or whatever it's called) it's equitable, as you need do a certain task (that is explictly have others way but not "killing x amount of times") to buff an abiliy . However it probably even wasn't about buffing the damage factor of harmful ability, was it? Even than it was just about improving an ability in other ways by completting neccesary task?

.[/QUOTE]

People have very strong opinions sometimes :p
It wasn't strong an opinion. I'mgiving out a retrosprective as those are the reasons why these often request was denied by&from the concept designers :D

Last edited: