• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Stagnation and Condemnation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone! This is a pretty basic update on why there hasn't been much coming from the staff as of late and when you can expect us to be in the full swing of things again.

Most of our staff has been extraordinarily busy and bogged down with prior and more important commitments such as school, work, family vacations, etc. I myself have been bogged down by some weird mix of the three and other things, and as such, have not been very active on ProjectKorra. As a result, not much has been coming out of it.

In order for a Dev Build for any project to be pushed it must first be approved by myself, which is why nothing has been coming out. Work on ProjectKorra (Core) has been very slow, but we are getting somewhere. I wouldn't expect anything huge for a bit though.

I myself will be extremely busy AT LEAST until March 8th, 2015. I wouldn't expect anything to come out, Dev Builds, weekly updates, etc, until then. Nothing should stop you guys from suggesting things, as many of our developers are still working, and I'll still be around in brief intervals. I just wont be around to work on anything too extensively. You may see some smaller Dev Builds, but nothing game changing, as I wont be around to fix everything wrong with them.

To berate the staff because of such circumstances is also ridiculous. Keep in mind, we are doing this all for free, for you. When I return I will get back to updating the Server List, Revamping our Sponsor System, Revisiting the Rules, and adjusting timeframes for plugin releases.

Thank you all and have a nice day.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
It's a shame of the delay, bending got a bit boring to me ._.

However, I shouldn't be complaining. I love this plugin and what you guys are doing! I hope to see new moves soon! That's the most exciting thing! :D

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
There are plenty of staff applications sitting there. I am not saying i want in because I do not need it, but plenty of other people would love to help. You obviously need more help.
Highly Agree. Maybe Vidcom should be promoted to helping with your job! I know he would really like that.

DanStryder

Yes but this requires a lot of trust...

Surely you two own a pk server right? So any players ask for staff? Ever given it to them? Okay you let one of them be staff, what rank? Admin? Mod? Helper? or maybe Opped? Now think of the damage they can cause. But wait, we wouldn't Op them! We don't know them that well... oh... trust.

Get me yet? Tis the internet my friends, no one is who they seem so they say.

*Edit*
Okay let's say that they get Devs, yes they can restrict how much they add to the plugin, but how will progress be made if there is restrictions? Again trust needs to be earned to lift restrictions.

Concept Designers, they may approve a really naff idea and get it added, really think Mist would be happy to return to PK being a mess?

I'm not quite sure of the relations between Mist and the other admin's of the plugin so I can't make a proper judgement.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer

Surely you two own a pk server right? So any players ask for staff? Ever given it to them? Okay you let one of them be staff, what rank? Admin? Mod? Helper? or maybe Opped? Now think of the damage they can cause. But wait, we wouldn't Op them! We don't know them that well... oh... trust.

*Edit*
Okay let's say that they get Devs, yes they can restrict how much they add to the plugin, but how will progress be made if there is restrictions? Again trust needs to be earned to lift restrictions.

Concept Designers, they may approve a really naff idea and get it added, really think Mist would be happy to return to PK being a mess?

I'm not quite sure of the relations between Mist and the other admin's of the plugin so I can't make a proper judgement.
@Vidcom

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer

*Edit*

Yes I own a server, and I don't get very many people asking me to put more staff on. Now there a few reasons for this that explain why pretty good, but a server isn't really like a plugin. If people can't get things done for whatever reason there should be more people that are able to work on it. That goes for both a server and a plugin. Right now it seems as though with Mist saying this, everyone on the pk team is busy right now and not a lot will get done. Well the easy solution to that is to get people who can do what is needed. I'm not saying me or anyone else (I'm terrible at coding atm) but people that can get it done.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
About the addition of new staff -

We aren't actively hiring staff at the moment, but this will likely change in the near future (don't hold me to it). The problem isn't that we have a lack of developers, rather, our system requires, for the greater good, that I approve all changes before they be made public. (The accountability has to stop somewhere).

The Concept Designers are fine too. Concept Designers can only work as fast as the Developers and the Developers can only work as fast as the Concept Designers. Adding more staff wouldn't necessarily solve a problem, and I'm not even sold that a problem really exists. If anything our staff is rather large and there is not enough for everyone to do. Now that the show is over we are able to slow down development. We implement less features, but we spend more time fine tuning what we do implement. There are pretty impressive things coming as soon as the March 8th deadline elapses, but for now it's just the waiting game.

There are features that have already been coded, but not extensively tested. I am not comfortable releasing a Dev Build with any sort of large change at a time when I cannot actively monitor it and implement quick fixes when they are necessary.

Thanks! Remember to keep it classy.

SenpaiBlaze

*Edit*

Well under construction mine is... and of course only hire active community members and valid applications

Status
Not open for further replies.