• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Spirits: Teaser

Are you excited for the new Spirits project?

• Yes, been looking forward to this for a while!

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Not really, you suck.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Makes no difference to me...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xNuminousx

Verified Member
SpiritsLogoV.png

Surprise!

For the past few days I have been working on a project that will add Spirits to your server! Shortly after I started the project, a fellow ProjectKorra user joined me in the development and has been a real big help; @EmeraldJelly

What does this plugin do?
In the beginning, the goal is to have a really basic plugin. It will add the Spirit element as well as the DarkSpirit and LightSpirit sub-elements. Each will come with their own set of abilities. My personal goal is for each ability in the Light element to have an opposing ability in the Dark element and vice versa.

More is already planned to happen and is even being working on as we speak for the plugin OTHER than adding Spirits. For example, we plan to add on to the Avatar element so that's it's more useful to players as well as working on its counterpart the DarkAvatar! Additionally, we would like to expand on the abilities of Non-Benders & ChiBlockers as well as each bending art. Another big goal is to make nature a key role for Spirits and even bending.

All of this is for the future! As I said, I would like the first release to be pretty basic. Just so that we can sort out all/most of the existing bugs, hear back from the community, then eventually start adding on to it.

When can I get my hands on this?
You're crazy if you think of all people I'M going to give you a release date lol. It'll come out when it comes out. I can tell you that all of the game-breaking issues have been solved. Right now we're just working on issues that are more of a nuisance, although the plugin is still playable.

I do realize this isn't the first "teaser" of sorts about a new Spirits plugin. I sure hope this one doesn't turn out like the others. So far, my plans have been moving along swiftly. I would love to release it right after I post this but there are still things to be fixed. Please be patient, as you've already waited 3 years. You can wait just a tad longer <3

Early Feedback
So, before it's released I would like to make sure that the alpha release is as perfect as it can be. That includes putting some of your ideas into it! Now, I've already skimmed through ProjectKorra for old ideas and some of which have been put into planning; and I've already rewatched the entire TLOK series for inspiration. I would like to see some new ideas that maybe someone hasn't thought of. Or maybe you have something interesting to say that you want to make sure is NOT in the plugin. I'm not a perfect person so this release will NOT live up to everyones expectations. I will fail some people and I know this. So please tell me NOW how I can improve this plugin and make it best suited for YOU before I release this and then lower expectations for the future.

All help is MUCH appreciated, no matter what you can offer the project. I look forward to hearing what everyone has to say about the project and hearing your awesome suggestions!

Watch the Progress
GitHub: LINK
Trello: LINK

PS: I wanted this to be a secret... The only reason why I'm posting this teaser is because the forums are sort of.... dead..... and I didn't want to release it then no one see it :/

Last edited:

SuperBower118

Verified Member
What ideas do you have right now? That can help me make new ones that aren't just copies / variants of other spirit moves.

Warren_B123

Verified Member
is there a download for this, it's exactly what I've been looking for, I know this is a late comment but if anyone has an answer please please get back to me asap! tysm :D

xNuminousx

Verified Member
is there a download for this, it's exactly what I've been looking for, I know this is a late comment but if anyone has an answer please please get back to me asap! tysm :D
Don't worry, it's not a late reply. Not currently, there isn't a public download. The project is still in development. We will get it out to the public as soon as we can.

Warren_B123

Verified Member
Don't worry, it's not a late reply. Not currently, there isn't a public download. The project is still in development. We will get it out to the public as soon as we can.
Ok thanks :D good luck with this I'm really looking forward to it, by any chance are u any close to a release date?

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Ok thanks :D good luck with this I'm really looking forward to it, by any chance are u any close to a release date?
As mentioned in the post, all game breaking issues have been solved. As of right now we are working on a few things to refine gameplay and finishing up the last of the additions for the initial release. It COULD be released right now but because it's not 100% there are still some issues that would make it unfavorable. For instance, permissions not being set up yet.

Warren_B123

Verified Member
As mentioned in the post, all game breaking issues have been solved. As of right now we are working on a few things to refine gameplay and finishing up the last of the additions for the initial release. It COULD be released right now but because it's not 100% there are still some issues that would make it unfavorable. For instance, permissions not being set up yet.

Fair enough, this just sounds so amazing i just cant wait XD well good luck again, and i hope all goes well.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
not gonna lie, not sure wut u mean there XD but it sounds interesting, how do i "watch the progress"?
Well trello is the place where we keep track over what features we're planning, what features have issues, what features are being worked on, and whats already been finished. GitHub is a place where we put the code for the plugin anytime we fix an issue or add a feature.

So if you're looking to see what features we're working on, go to Trello. If you're either looking for the code or looking to contribute to the project, go to GitHub.

Warren_B123

Verified Member
Well trello is the place where we keep track over what features we're planning, what features have issues, what features are being worked on, and whats already been finished. GitHub is a place where we put the code for the plugin anytime we fix an issue or add a feature.

So if you're looking to see what features we're working on, go to Trello. If you're either looking for the code or looking to contribute to the project, go to GitHub.
woah ok sounds cool, il go take a look :D