• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Spirit Playstyle

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Every element has a unique playstyle. What do you think the Light Spirits and Dark Spirits playstyle should be?

My Idea.

Light Spirits - Support would be a good word to describe what I think the light spirit playstyle will be. They are weak on their own. Only being able to do moves that cause little or no damage, but have many moves that can heal or save their allies. Alone they are weak, but when teamed with a bender they are a valuable asset.

Dark Spirits - Not too sure. I am thinking it will be applying debuffs and reducing the enemy's effectiveness so they are easier to kill.

What do you think?

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think any spirit would be a support. Light would be more medic, and dark more like the little helpers in combat

CrystalBender1

Verified Member
I think that only light spirits should support players. Because all dark spirits attack people. Do you remember when boomys bunny rabitt spirit turned evil and hisssed at him?

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
Every element has a unique playstyle. What do you think the Light Spirits and Dark Spirits playstyle should be?

My Idea.

Light Spirits - Support would be a good word to describe what I think the light spirit playstyle will be. They are weak on their own. Only being able to do moves that cause little or no damage, but have many moves that can heal or save their allies. Alone they are weak, but when teamed with a bender they are a valuable asset.

Dark Spirits - Not too sure. I am thinking it will be applying debuffs and reducing the enemy's effectiveness so they are easier to kill.

What do you think?
the light spirit sounds like the spiritual healers of the northern water tribe :eek: so maybe make a spiritual healer class instead of light, for light spirit it should be the oposit of the evil spirit, light = healing,freedom and equality. dark = killing trapping and unfair play? this is a gret idea btw but i dont kno if its a good idea making the lght spirit a healer might be a little awkward for wterbenders haha think this should be done in perms and left out of the main build :eek:

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
Spirits are their own unique being, Some may support an ally, others may kill.
spirits are peaceful its their surroundings that change them :eek::eek: the avatars actions and emotions hve a stronger impact on spirits so mybe it would be a good idea to make a dar/light meter/reader like 1 pvp kill = 10 dark points and say 5 aggro pve kills = 10 light points this way its up to the player which way they go and how they influence the spirits being dark obv mkes dark spirits spawn and being light makes light spirits spawn, dark spirits drain health slowly and cause slight to extreme nausia to other players/mobs whereas the light spirits would heal players they come into contact with and give them strength for limited time :eek: think this would equal everyhing out lol

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Spirits will be their own "element" when Project Korra (Spirits) comes out. They will have their own moves just like benders.

V

Vidcom

The direction we're mostly going in for spirits can be summarised quite shortly. We want Light Spirits to struggle to harm anyone, and Dark Spirits to struggle to NOT harm anyone. Remember that unlike bending, spirit magic is not learnt, it's an intrinsic part of their being, so styles apply less.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
The direction we're mostly going in for spirits can be summarised quite shortly. We want Light Spirits to struggle to harm anyone, and Dark Spirits to struggle to NOT harm anyone. Remember that unlike bending, spirit magic is not learnt, it's an intrinsic part of their being, so styles apply less.
Thanks. Now I can start thinking of more suggestions.
Also, on a scale of 1 - 10, how canon do their abilities have to be?

V

Vidcom

Thanks. Now I can start thinking of more suggestions.
Also, on a scale of 1 - 10, how canon do their abilities have to be?
Spirits do have some very unique abilities that, if weren't shown, would probably be labelled immediately as unrealistic, such as possession and giant laser beams. As a result, you need to get those in, but it also means that having a little variation in move ideas is not necessarily a bad idea, and would probably enable us to expand them further.
TL;DR On a scale of 1-10, 7

Verified Member
spirits are peaceful its their surroundings that change them :eek::eek: the avatars actions and emotions hve a stronger impact on spirits so mybe it would be a good idea to make a dar/light meter/reader like 1 pvp kill = 10 dark points and say 5 aggro pve kills = 10 light points this way its up to the player which way they go and how they influence the spirits being dark obv mkes dark spirits spawn and being light makes light spirits spawn, dark spirits drain health slowly and cause slight to extreme nausia to other players/mobs whereas the light spirits would heal players they come into contact with and give them strength for limited time :eek: think this would equal everyhing out lol
That is not a bad idea but I think it should be based on how much kills the spirit does but it should be based on how many kill are done in the avatars presence like in a 10 block area. But that is up to the developers if that is what they want to do.

P0W3RK1D

Verified Member
That is not a bad idea but I think it should be based on how much kills the spirit does but it should be based on how many kill are done in the avatars presence like in a 10 block area. But that is up to the developers if that is what they want to do.
Or it could be based on how many times they were hit in the past few seconds. Ex: the spirit is gona get mad and powerfull if a bunch of people start attacking him at the same time and or if a waterbender is spamming torrent and such. So if they were hit 5 times in the last 5 seconds it will indicate the spirit needs to go into overdrive

Viosient

Verified Member
I don't think any spirits should serve to be an asset to other players, better yet, require an ally. Especially in a PvP-based plugin like this.

If half of earth's moveset were healing other players and giving them resistence, so you think anyone would play earth?

Light spirits should be passive. How about deflection of attacks, or escape-mobility, or defense moves, not just healing themselves and maybe some other players.
Light spirits shouldn't be tanks that just heal people, that logically doesn't make sense either. A light creature is a nice creature, passive, so it would avoid fights and use escape methods, a dark spirit would engage in the fight, and chase the light spirit with power, and strength.

Potion effects are a cheap way to display spirits, especially with "oh, lite is regen" and "dark poysieeenn".

Da Psic

Verified Member
I don't think any spirits should serve to be an asset to other players, better yet, require an ally. Especially in a PvP-based plugin like this.

If half of earth's moveset were healing other players and giving them resistence, so you think anyone would play earth?

Light spirits should be passive. How about deflection of attacks, or escape-mobility, or defense moves, not just healing themselves and maybe some other players.
Light spirits shouldn't be tanks that just heal people, that logically doesn't make sense either. A light creature is a nice creature, passive, so it would avoid fights and use escape methods, a dark spirit would engage in the fight, and chase the light spirit with power, and strength.

Potion effects are a cheap way to display spirits, especially with "oh, lite is regen" and "dark poysieeenn".
Its not a pvp plugin btw. And light spirits are healers, dark spirits are killers according to canon btw.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Its not a pvp plugin btw. And light spirits are healers, dark spirits are killers according to canon btw.
You can't just say "it's not true" after someone states completely valid points. @Viosient is completely right when he says that spirits should not just be an asset to support benders. They were capable of living by themselves and were arguably stronger than the average bender. Sure, the forum says "light spirits are healers and dark spirits are killers", but that doesn't mean we are able to implement that in a good way. Some changes might be needed to make it fit to Minecraft.

Da Psic

Verified Member
You can't just say "it's not true" after someone states completely valid points. @Viosient is completely right when he says that spirits should not just be an asset to support benders. They were capable of living by themselves and were arguably stronger than the average bender. Sure, the forum says "light spirits are healers and dark spirits are killers", but that doesn't mean we are able to implement that in a good way. Some changes might be needed to make it fit to Minecraft.
wan shi tong(and such spirits) and a dark/light spirit are completely different beings. Its like comparing humans to ants.
Light spirits are probably all supports/healers, we din't see many.
ALL dark spirits are all killers.
Whats being discussed here are ant spirits. If you catch my drift. Thus they should have generalized play styles as seen in the canon world. Numinous addon is great and represents this in a great way.

Last edited: