• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Punching = Fire Intensity (Just an animation thingy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to drastical, as it's not any way impacting gameplay, but I think if a firebender (without an item and a bind in their current slop) kept spamming punches on someone or just for no reason at nothing: the fire around its vicinity should increase in height.

I imagine some fire particles (furnaces?) could kept flowing towards aggressively from the existing fire blocks, as a "representation" of a fire bender losing their temper...

Additionally, maybe bigger smoke should erupt from the fire blocks more?

And it's canon thing; Taken from the wiki:

"Poor self-control: Though anger, rage and other intense emotions can amplify the power of firebending"

"Zuko later augmented a campfire while confronting his anger." He also did before, when confronted and enraged by the bad news from his uncle.

" When Ozai and Azulon got angry, the flames rose up higher and burned more rapidly"

*A Scene with Jeong Jeong also, again by the above similar cliques, affected it yet again whilst enraged. Later on, Zhao short-tempered cause a big boom on the burning ships after he was pissed off at failing to kill Aang.*

As the evidential sources state: that always happens when a firebender gets triggered.

Last edited:
Oh and I forgot to mention: of course this thing is toggle-able in the config.yml . Like how every other animations has one (eg. waterspout spiral).

Pride

Hmm, but what if they're mining? Essentially, from what you're saying, you'd get a greater fire height, but wouldn't mining toggle the 'punch' effect, making some random Fire to be lengthened at a greater height? Just sayin, I wouldn't want my whole Minecraft house to catch on fire. >.>

Your suggestion is pretty neat and simple (I like it. ;) ), but yeah, lmfao. No one would want their house or building to be set ablaze.
Furthermore, in the Nether, there's Fire, basically everywhere.

If you're talking about particles, then there's no worry here. ^-^
If it's a FIRE Block Material, then yeah. That'll be a problem.

Hmm, but what if they're mining? Essentially, from what you're saying, you'd get a greater fire height, but wouldn't mining toggle the 'punch' effect, making some random Fire to be lengthened at a greater height? Just sayin, I wouldn't want my whole Minecraft house to catch on fire. >.>
They shouldn't be holding an item. [Adding that note to the original post]. Also, by no means your house would burn down or anything in that matter. It is just an animation and I'm referring to particle's. Particles, obviously, don't have any impact-gameplay-changing effect. (Captain sherlock here, but I'm just clarifying for no apparent goddamn reason)

Your suggestion is pretty neat and simple (I like it. ;) ), but yeah, lmfao. No one would want their house or building to be set ablaze.

Nice to know that you understand it ain't the latter thing, lol.

Fyf

I'd like to point out that increased particles can be very detrimental to the PvP experience, this is due to them decreasing visibility and increasing lag. This is also a bad idea due to it creating irregularities in bending, players identify moves by the size of the particles, making this change would throw many players off. The fire blast particle size was decreased for a reason.
This is another Aesthetic/ Canon vs Gameplay, and in this situation I cannot recommend this suggestion due to the negative impacts upon the PvP experience.
-Fyf

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

xNuminousx

You could set it to occur only when the "getPlayer" left-clicks Air or an Entity or something. So if it's hitting stone (which mining) or wood (when wood cutting) it wouldn't work.

**EDIT**
I'd make it have a decently sort radius, maybe max 5-6 blocks from the user.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
What about all the other firebenders who don't get angry, anger isn't really a bending ability nor a thing you can represent in minecraft, and if you add this you have to include that waterbending is also influenced by emotion, and that a really angry waterbender can cause devastating damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.