• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
PlantArmor

PlantArmor v2.0

NickC1211

Bug:
golden hearts don't coming.

Suggestion :

1- in config
SelectRange: 15

2- a more convenient way of usage
Usage: Tap Sneak

3- an animation during the transformation of the plant into an armor.:)

4- night factor
Day: 6 (3 gold heart)
Night: 7 (3.5 gold heart)
Fullmoon: 8 (4 gold heart)

5- the plant used must be destroyed
RegrowTime: 240000

Suggestion for Planned Features:

Hold Sneak + Left Click: Grab

Grab:
Cooldown: 2000
Range: 30
Speed: 4.0
PullSpeed: 0.5
HoldTime: 1500

Left Click: Slam (or punch or shoot)

Slam:
Cooldown: 2500
Range: 30
Speed: 4.0
Damage: 2.0

Grab and Slam can only be used when the plantarmor is active and in the plant armor slot.

please, add all these to config .-.
Wow that’s a lot I’ll get right on it lol

xNuminousx

Maybe create this as a multi-ability that activate once the payer equips the armor. When they exit the multi-ability or their armor durability runs out then they exit the multi-ability. This would restrict them to only using your PlantArmor abilities so you'd probably end up making something like WaterArms. Where they have different abilities with different concepts to supply the benders with what they need while they're in the multi-ability.

NickC1211

Maybe create this as a multi-ability that activate once the payer equips the armor. When they exit the multi-ability or their armor durability runs out then they exit the multi-ability. This would restrict them to only using your PlantArmor abilities so you'd probably end up making something like WaterArms. Where they have different abilities with different concepts to supply the benders with what they need while they're in the multi-ability.
A lot of ppl think it should be a multi ability and I think I might make it one. I don’t want to make an exact copy of waterarms tho that the only thing. What other things could I implement besides whip, grab, and pull

NickC1211

Suggestion:

Day Factor:
no resistance
Night Factor: Level '' I '' resistance
Fullmoon: Level '' II '' resistance
I like this idea. One thing I need help with is how should the plant armor interact with fire and fire bending. Earth armor is shown in the show to be fire resistant. But plant armor seems like it’d be easily destroyed by fire

NickC1211

1 fireblast = -1500 duration in plantarmor
1 combustion = -2000 duration
firebreath = -500/second duration

this is may be those who want to change it.
make them changeable in the config
I’m also going to make it so that once the hearts are all gone the armor goes away just like earth armor so this might not work well. Maybe it does extra damage or something idk

NickC1211

Planned Features:
- shoot vines out of armor
- make it a multi ability

I don't think you should make it a multi-ability. this can be a restriction and players can not use other abilities but right now I have a great idea in my mind.

a player uses a plant armor and multi-ability slots, but the player wants to use both armor and other abilities, and the player do tap sneak in the plantarmor slot and closes the multi-ability so player abilities open but the plantarmor does not close and the limited time is still running and player can use other move with plantarmor. player can open multi-ability slots with tap sneak in plantarmor slot so player can use multi-ability and other moves with armor.
I like that idea cuz it could be like one of the slots is exit and if you exit you can use your other abilities and if you go back to the plant armor slot the multi ability comes back.

xNuminousx

I’m not sure if you’d be able to exit the multiability but still have it running. I’ve never messed with multiabilities so what do I know, but just my two cents.

NickC1211

I’m not sure if you’d be able to exit the multiability but still have it running. I’ve never messed with multiabilities so what do I know, but just my two cents.
No I think you might be right. What I wanted to do initially is if you have the armor on just click to shoot a vine and maybe holdshift to grab or something. But I feel like a multi ability would be easier idk

xNuminousx

Some ability ideas if this were to be a multi ability:
(Keep in mine I also propose an "energy" system which represents the amount of Vines you're able to use. Using the following abilities will take away from the vine bar. When it runs out, that means there's no more vines left to bend and the multi-ability ends).

Grab
Similar in function to the WaterArms grab. You're able to hold a player with a vine, by clicking you throw them in the direction you're looking. Hold shift will extend the vine and it'll search for players (maybe?)

Swipe
Upon shift-click (similar to AirSweep activation) a vine will extend outward and drag along the ground. If the vine hits a player then they receive some damage.

Regenerate
By holding shift for a certain duration, you're able to use a bit of your Plant Amount to regenerate a portion of your armor if anything broke. This would use a large portion of your plant amount.

I couldn't really find the gif I wanted of the vines regenerating but this shows the monster getting hurt lol

Exit
Click to exit the ability. Upon exiting, the ability will not stop. However, the armor could stay. Give the armor a duration which is independent from the multi-ability that will last even though you're on other binds.

These are some ideas I thought of on the spot.

Pride

I don't think you should make it a multi-ability. this can be a restriction and players can not use other abilities but right now I have a great idea in my mind.

a player uses a plant armor and multi-ability slots, but the player wants to use both armor and other abilities, and the player do tap sneak in the plantarmor slot and closes the multi-ability so player abilities open but the plantarmor does not close and the limited time is still running and player can use other move with plantarmor. player can open multi-ability slots with tap sneak in plantarmor slot so player can use multi-ability and other moves with armor.
dont recall <what that plantbender guy's name is> being able to control 50 tons of plants and bend water at the same time lol

NickC1211

For the regeneration idea I’m thinking like the player has the armor on and if they are standing on a grass block or something you hold shift to charge regeneration. When you do that you’re gold hearts will slowly be replenished and the grass block becomes dirt.

xNuminousx

For the regeneration idea I’m thinking like the player has the armor on and if they are standing on a grass block or something you hold shift to charge regeneration. When you do that you’re gold hearts will slowly be replenished and the grass block becomes dirt.
Well my issue is that if you're going to use a grass block rather than your Vine Amount then they can infinitely regenerate their armor which would taint the ability IMO.

xNuminousx

dont recall <what that plantbender guy's name is> being able to control 50 tons of plants and bend water at the same time lol

This is a lot of vines to be bending at once. I doubt it's 50 tons worth (that's a little exaggerated) but it is a lot. Very few times in the show do we see a bender controlling this many things at once. Especially when you consider that each vine was bent strategically to give a certain shape and then held there.

NickC1211

I’m thinking about getting rid of the gold hearts system completely and making the exp bar the vine count and each hit deplinishes the vine amount. I feel like that’s a more realistic system to plantbending. And perhaps fire moves do more damage or the fire tick takes down the vine count.

Pride

This is a lot of vines to be bending at once. I doubt it's 50 tons worth (that's a little exaggerated) but it is a lot. Very few times in the show do we see a bender controlling this many things at once. Especially when you consider that each vine was bent strategically to give a certain shape and then held there.
right lol