• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

January 9th 2015 - Community Update

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone! I wanted to make a quick post to talk about what has been happening lately in the ProjectKorra staff and what we are actively working on.

First - School. A lot of the ProjectKorra Staff has been out of school for the last few weeks, myself included. This has allowed us to work on several things at once at rates we hadn't really been able to do. The last 3-4 weeks or so have undeniably been some of the more productive here at ProjectKorra. We are doing great things and hope to continue to do so. That said, many of us are now going back to school (myself on Monday) and things will slow down a bit. We hope to keep a reasonable pace when it comes to community interaction, as we know we are more than capable of doing so.

Core Development: The ProjectKorra (Core) Development has been going hard for a while now. It is my understanding that we are nearing a 1.8.0 stable release and are in the plans for making massive (but long overdue) changes to the core plugin for 1.9.0. More information will be coming from @OmniCypher in due time.

Probending Development: We released our first build of Probending - it works. It works but it is confusing. A couple of developers (@jedk1 and @grasshopperMatt) and I have been working on updating Probending's code base (most of the plugin was written two years ago) and improving the functionality of the plugin. You should expect a new beta build within the next week, here are some of the features to expect
  • A new robust arena system. You can now create multiple (named) arenas, have dividing lines on them, and have concurrent matches running at them. Arenas can now be created with commands instead of cross-referencing a config (you do still have to set up WorldGuard regions).
  • Improvement in storage / general cleanup. Things just run smoother.
We are in the internal testing phase of this new Probending build - once we deem it okay it will be released to the public.

We are also beginning to discuss ideas for future builds, this includes, but is not limited to: Advanced Player Statistic Tracking, Official Probending Abilities, and more!

Digital Content: Earlier in the week we asked for submissions to the ProjectKorra YouTube Channel. We encourage you to submit your content to the channel and encourage your friends to do so as well. We hope to get this channel off of the ground in the coming weeks and running full time. More Info: http://projectkorra.com/threads/submit-to-the-projectkorra-youtube-channel.3881/

Test Server: I hinted at a ProjectKorra test server in our new year post and I'm happy to say that things are moving far quicker than expected on this front. We have found a server host to graciously host a potential ProjectKorra Test Server and are currently in the process of getting it all set up. We will not answer many questions about how this will be run just yet, rather, we will post a large mega thread as we near server launch. You should expect this post within the next couple of weeks.

Staff Applications: Just a reminder, we are taking staff applications in all departments. None of the departments are actively looking to hire, but are likely to do so in the coming weeks. Please go ahead and submit applications to the departments you are interested in so we have an application on file when we go to hire. Applications can be submitted here.

New Forum Rules: The Community Moderator Department will be looking to clean up the official forum rules / punishment system in the coming weeks to ensure it is both clear and fair. You can expect more details on this when the time comes.

New Staff: While we aren't actively hiring - we did make an exception. @SamuraiSnowman has rejoined the Concept Design team - we are excited to have him!

End of Thread Discussion: What are you most excited about with ProjectKorra in 2016?

TacticalRoyS

Verified Member
Nice, I like it when I see you're having fun making it. And first I couldn't Imagine it was getting so big, but you guys did it! Respect! (Sorry if I made some English mistakes I am from Holland :) ).

Sshawarma

Verified Member
I'm excited for everything..i will keep a copy of everything from now, and compare it to the end of the year just to be happy at how much tings change :D. This is an amazing community. I'm hoping to see some stuff on the spirits side, new moves(?), 1.9 features that can be taken advantage of(?), aswell as updates on the RPG and Items side of things. So basically everything lol.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Sucks that glow status effect in 1.9 can't work out with Tremorsense ability :( Would had been great feature in that ability. Isn't that outline a particle? If so, can't you please code it that earthbenders would only be ale to see it?! I still wish that what Easte said isn't true D: