• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Faster Airspout/Waterspout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonelight

The post is pretty basic, just a warning.

So, in the show I know we have seen Korra and many other people use airspouts & waterspouts and move at a very high speed, right? Well, in my opinion the spouts in the plugin are a bit of a nerfed version of what it should be.

I'm recommending we can change the speeds/or just change the default in general. It needs to be slightly faster, not by a lot. But just enough to where we can actually feel like we're in a action packed area for the moment.

That was basically it, I guess. Here's some gif's with proof of a high speed Airspout/Waterspout.
Also, even if it was just a way where we could get a short boost in the spout that would be great. (Combos too?)

Air Spout at high speeds:

Water (&Air) Spout at high speeds:

I know there will be some people who say "She was in the Avatar State!" Well, she did enter it, but as soon as Kuvira fires the cannon, Korra is out of the Avatar State. Therefor she didnt use the Avatar State to boost her spout. Even the 3rd Gif shows Korra out of the AS using airspout at highspeeds.

P.S. An idea for a combo: Do some sort of combination to boost your spout for a short period of time?

Thanks.

I know you can press CTRL to speed up your spout, but that's by nothing...

Last edited:
I guess a configuration option for spout speeds would be approperiate.mif their speed would get a normal default buff in speed, I'd like it to be slow again when on slots other than the spout's so it's not too overpowered.

Moonelight

What about just sprinting INSIDE the waterspout/airspout?
It's not a bad idea, I guess I just didn't think of it.

I guess a configuration option for spout speeds would be approperiate.mif their speed would get a normal default buff in speed, I'd like it to be slow again when on slots other than the spout's so it's not too overpowered.
Yeah, I suggested that in the original post.

6tijn

Yes, like shifting or pressing the sprint button to go harder would be cool. It would add more nice strategy etc. to these boring water bender spout fights ._. also, airspout isn't used much now by airbenders, well it is, but only by (nooby?) benders camping on those spouts and shooting airswipes.

WaterFan99

Yes, like shifting or pressing the sprint button to go harder would be cool. It would add more nice strategy etc. to these boring water bender spout fights ._. also, airspout isn't used much now by airbenders, well it is, but only by (nooby?) benders camping on those spouts and shooting airswipes.
Sometimes avatars use airspout *hint hint* xD

Moonelight

The sprint idea seems the most reasonable, but I dont know if you are even able to begin sprinting in mid air. You might have to use the Ctrl button.
When people begin to ask why you said the ctrl button. XD
XD In creative mode, when flying you can click the ctrl button to sprint in air.

Last edited:
It's not a bad idea, I guess I just didn't think of it.

Yeah, I suggested that in the original post.
There was a point where you could use waterspout's water to fastswim. It was amazing and I still wonder why it was removed/fixed. I can already see the argument of people saying stuff like "Umg u fq, watr shuld just use watrwave." Which in my mind makes sense, but that takes too long. Not to mention you drop out of your spout whenever you select a source for waterwave.

Air doesn't even have waterwave. The closest it has is airstream, which is used on other people.

I like the idea of shifting while in spout to receive a quick burst of speed for an extended period. This will add another level of intensity to spout fights for air & water. I'm not expecting much though. Mainly some random addon and nothing in the core. As they had to "fix"/remove this "issue" some time ago. Best thing they ever did smh. sarcasm.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Air doesn't even have waterwave. The closest it has is airstream, which is used on other people.
Airscooter works wonders whenever I use just air. That and tornado and the addon move airglide and a recently added move with the name of flight. Any of these work for travel.
I like the idea of shifting while in spout to receive a quick burst of speed for an extended period. This will add another level of intensity to spout fights for air & water. I'm not expecting much though. Mainly some random addon and nothing in the core. As they had to "fix"/remove this "issue" some time ago. Best thing they ever did smh. sarcasm.
Shift (default sneak) is used to go down with both airspout and water spout so to go faster you'd have to decrease your altitude, which in regards to this:
There was a point where you could use waterspout's water to fastswim. It was amazing and I still wonder why it was removed/fixed
Is probably the reason it got removed. I like the idea of this:
XD In creative mode, when flying you can click the ctrl button to sprint in air.
Being used.

paliate

It's just my personal opinion, I would want the config option to make it faster, Doesn't make sense why a waterbender would be equal to the "fastest element".
It wouldn't be a large difference though.

Status
Not open for further replies.