• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
ElementTrap

ElementTrap Build 13

Pride

Verified Member
Pride submitted a new resource:

ElementTrap - It's like that moment when Korra traps Vaatu in that weird orb. You get the gist.

ElementTrap:

Trap them in an orb by holding on any mob. Then, it'll shoot out 4 elements. And you're free to pull the target towards you. (No, you cannot push them :(). Oh, and you can control them. Another neat ability is that, you can shift + left click, and they'll die.

Usage:

Hold shift, and you'll see a ring show up. Keep...
Read more about this resource...

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I'd recommend getting perms situated very quickly. Since this is Avatar, it doesn't require an element. Which means any server using this would have ALL players able to have this. Permissions are really easy to set up, if you need help.

Pride

Verified Member
I'd recommend getting perms situated very quickly. Since this is Avatar, it doesn't require an element. Which means any server using this would have ALL players able to have this. Permissions are really easy to set up, if you need help.
There are perms. I'll edit it 1 sec.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Bit OP I have to admit xD But I have some suggestions.

Hold Time: In the inevitable config, have a hold time. This hold time represents the duration that the avatar can hold them for, so that then can't do it infinitely.

Air Particles: There's a lack of air particles. I can see the air particles, but they're very faint. I'd say increase them a bit. Not too much to where a view is obstructed, but a bit.

Mode of Escape: I used this on my test server so Idk how it interacts with players, but from what it looked like there isn't a mode of escape. I'd say, in an attempt to balance it out, add someway for players inside to battle the trap. Like if the player enters the avatar state inside the sphere, it breaks. If a Firebender or Airbender uses their burst abilities in the sphere, it temporarily collapses. Stuff like that. I know it sounds complicated but it's some ideas I thought of on the spot.

Sound: There are some really cool effects, but it'd be neat to hear some sounds to go along with it. Probably just the elemental sounds for each blast and some sort of "windy" sound while you are holding the trap.

Okay well, these are some of my suggestions. Now I'm going to say I love this move so that someone doesn't come on here accuse anyone of being hateful :D I LOVE THE MOVE! I'll prove it in a rating ;)

Pride

Verified Member
Bit OP I have to admit xD But I have some suggestions.

Hold Time: In the inevitable config, have a hold time. This hold time represents the duration that the avatar can hold them for, so that then can't do it infinitely.

Air Particles: There's a lack of air particles. I can see the air particles, but they're very faint. I'd say increase them a bit. Not too much to where a view is obstructed, but a bit.

Mode of Escape: I used this on my test server so Idk how it interacts with players, but from what it looked like there isn't a mode of escape. I'd say, in an attempt to balance it out, add someway for players inside to battle the trap. Like if the player enters the avatar state inside the sphere, it breaks. If a Firebender or Airbender uses their burst abilities in the sphere, it temporarily collapses. Stuff like that. I know it sounds complicated but it's some ideas I thought of on the spot.

Sound: There are some really cool effects, but it'd be neat to hear some sounds to go along with it. Probably just the elemental sounds for each blast and some sort of "windy" sound while you are holding the trap.

Okay well, these are some of my suggestions. Now I'm going to say I love this move so that someone doesn't come on here accuse anyone of being hateful :D I LOVE THE MOVE! I'll prove it in a rating ;)
The hold time I'll most definitely add for this config. Thanks for giving the suggestion, btw. :)

The Air particles are very faint, yes, but it's mainly because it looks pretty ugly with the normal reddust, and with potion particles, it's just laggy af, and you can't really see them, lmao. If you have an idea for this, let me know! :D

The Mode of Escape sounds nifty and well thought out, I'll give you props for that :), but since the only time we saw 'Element Trap' used in the Anime was with Vaatu, being trapped only 2 times on screen. Vaatu at all those times could've broke out, but he didn't even struggle, lmao. Maybe it's because he's confined to a such a tight space, he can't move anything. And as we know, Vaatu can shoot like giant Spirit Beams of malevolence, he could've done that while in the trap, but the thing is, he didn't. There's not much known about Element Trap, other than trapping, of course and confining. I love your reasoning, why they players should be able to escape, but, charging the move takes time already, and making it backfire on them, wasting time on nothing which can be well negated? Whoo girl, they done fucked, bro. Lmao.

The Sound part, yes! I haven't thought of that before, mainly because Strange and I are more focused on the Animation, than sound. We'll put it there. :)

And finally, thanks for checking out the move and giving a positive rating! I'll be sure to change things up with both SpiritBolt and ElementTrap, once I have the time, hahah. I'll edit both moves on maybe Sunday, where I have no stress, and with Memorial day coming up. :D

xNuminousx

Verified Member
If you have an idea for this, let me know!
I would suggest using the ambient effects. Like MOB_SPELL_AMBIENT is like a rainbow potion effect that you can barely see. I THINK there is an equivalent for normal, white potion particles. I'd have to look through the library to make sure. But yea, I'd suggest using ambient particles.

Vaatu at all those times could've broke out, but he didn't even struggle, lmao.
Yea I didn't even consider how it acted in the show. I was really just trying to find a way to "dumb down" an Avatar because I can see it being abused against unsuspecting noobs. But you're right, it's long charge time does make it harder to achieve JUST like Suffocate. Good point.

Pride

Verified Member
I would suggest using the ambient effects. Like MOB_SPELL_AMBIENT is like a rainbow potion effect that you can barely see. I THINK there is an equivalent for normal, white potion particles. I'd have to look through the library to make sure. But yea, I'd suggest using ambient particles.

Yea I didn't even consider how it acted in the show. I was really just trying to find a way to "dumb down" an Avatar because I can see it being abused against unsuspecting noobs. But you're right, it's long charge time does make it harder to achieve JUST like Suffocate. Good point.
Yes, yes. Ambient particles. I considered putting it there at one time, but then forgot all about it. XD

Lmao, you are right. Avatar can be abused quite a lot, including SpiritBeam and ElementSphere, made by Jedk1. And truth be told, I'm basically 'recreating' or like 'rekindling' these moves, dumbing it down, as you may refer to it, because SpiritBolt is like a teeny tiny version of SpiritBeam. And for SpiritBolt to actually hit someone, you'd actually have to aim it at someone, and not just shift, and it creates a beam of destruction, like no, man. Too OP. And ElementSphere? Whoo girl!

Kess

Verified Member
Well I can bind it but it does nothing I do what you say to do it but its not working ;/

Pride

Verified Member
Well I can bind it but it does nothing I do what you say to do it but its not working ;/
Do you have any other moves in your server?
Those have an impact on ElementTrap sneaking for some reason.

I'll try to fix the bug and I'll update it asap.

Kess

Verified Member
Do you have any other moves in your server?
Those have an impact on ElementTrap sneaking for some reason.

I'll try to fix the bug and I'll update it asap.
No not currently thats the only one I have do I need jedcore i'm going to add it soon.

Pride

Verified Member
No not currently thats the only one I have do I need jedcore i'm going to add it soon.
No, you don't need JedCore.
I don't know why it's not working for you.

Send me a gif or something.

If there are any errors in your console, show me.

Daki1305

Verified Member
Why when I crouch at the animal nothing shows up?

[18:01:39] [Server thread/ERROR]: Could not pass event PlayerToggleSneakEvent to ProjectKorra v1.8.6
org.bukkit.event.EventException: null
at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:306) ~[Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62) ~[Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:499) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:484) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:1443) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.PacketPlayInEntityAction.a(SourceFile:43) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.PacketPlayInEntityAction.a(SourceFile:9) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.PlayerConnectionUtils$1.run(SourceFile:13) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_131]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_131]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.SystemUtils.a(SourceFile:46) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.D(MinecraftServer.java:747) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.DedicatedServer.D(DedicatedServer.java:405) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.C(MinecraftServer.java:678) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:576) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_131]
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.strangeone101.abilities.ElementTrap.getTransparentMaterial()[Ljava/lang/Integer;
at com.strangeone101.abilities.ElementTrap.<init>(ElementTrap.java:68) ~[?:?]
at com.strangeone101.abilities.ElementTrapListener.onSneak(ElementTrapListener.java:24) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:302) ~[Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
... 15 more

Pride

Verified Member
Why when I crouch at the animal nothing shows up?

[18:01:39] [Server thread/ERROR]: Could not pass event PlayerToggleSneakEvent to ProjectKorra v1.8.6
org.bukkit.event.EventException: null
at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:306) ~[Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62) ~[Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:499) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:484) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:1443) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.PacketPlayInEntityAction.a(SourceFile:43) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.PacketPlayInEntityAction.a(SourceFile:9) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.PlayerConnectionUtils$1.run(SourceFile:13) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_131]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_131]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.SystemUtils.a(SourceFile:46) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.D(MinecraftServer.java:747) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.DedicatedServer.D(DedicatedServer.java:405) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.C(MinecraftServer.java:678) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:576) [Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_131]
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.strangeone101.abilities.ElementTrap.getTransparentMaterial()[Ljava/lang/Integer;
at com.strangeone101.abilities.ElementTrap.<init>(ElementTrap.java:68) ~[?:?]
at com.strangeone101.abilities.ElementTrapListener.onSneak(ElementTrapListener.java:24) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:302) ~[Spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-11323bf]
... 15 more
Fixed. ;)