• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Core / Probending Update!

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Hey everyone! Happy New Year! Hope your start to 2017 has been amazing. I am happy to announce a TON of new stuff in this post. Sorry for the delay in getting this post out, it took a little longer than expected. As you can see we have done a lot since the last update post! For more up-to-date development info be sure to check out our Trello. Be sure to go through and check out everything, if you like the format I am using for these updates or have any suggestions for how to make them better feel free to leave a comment below. Let's start with some resolved core issues...

ProjectKorra Core

Fixes!
Fixed WaterManipulation having the ability to select other water moves.
Fixed BottleBending issue which resulted in players being unable to waterbend.
Fixed issues with QuickStrike, SwiftKick, RapidPunch, and Immobilize.
Fixed FireWheel and AirSwipe being stopped by snow on the ground.
Fixed being able to go insanely fast with AirScooter via auto-run.
Fixed gold tools / weapons not being considered weapons in the "CanBendWithWeapons" config option list.
Fixed Combos being able to be used with weapons when "CanBendWithWeapons" was set to false for that Element.
Fixed EarthTunnel not reverting snow and plants.
Fixed EarthTunnel being able to "tunnel" through lava.
Fixed EarthTunnel removing earthbendables under snow without removing said snow.
Fixed LavaFlow incorrectly setting Double Plant blocks to air.
Fixed LavaFlow lava becoming permanent after a reload.
Fixed LavaFlow spawning particles on non-earth materials.

Additions and Completions
Completed new HeatControl.

Completed new PhaseChange.

Added Kingdoms Support.
New Passive API
Passives in /bending display!
Passive names and descriptions.
Permissions for passives!
Easy way to make addon passives. In-depth post coming soon!
With the addition of this and the Collision API I expect some pretty great addons from you guys, be sure to post your idea for a cool fire passive or a subelement passive in the comments! You might get lucky and have it get made! ;)

Upcoming Changes!
New TremorSense?? :eek:

Before you ask, yes this is only visible to the player who uses the move. What are your thoughts on this?

ProjectKorra Probending

Admins
Setting up Fields: We have implemented a guide to assist servers in field creation. On execution, you will enter into field setup mode and be directed through the process.
Managing Fields: After a field is created all of its data is editable without needing to start over again via simple commands.
Event Matches: Admins will be able to set up and start special matches only accessible through an admin event.

Games
Customizable Game Types: Server owners will be able to create as many unique game types as they want all inside the Probending config!
Configurable Variables

Players: How many players on each side are required for that Game Type, 1v1, 3v3, etc.
Rounds: How many rounds the game consists of.
Seconds per Round: How long each Round lasts
Ranked: If the Game will effect their ELO Rating.
Death Match: If the game will enter into a Sudden Death mode rather than a Draw.
Event: If the game must be started by an Admin.
Currently Implemented (Hardcoded for testing)
Default:
Rounds: 3
Seconds per Round: 180
Practice:
Rounds: 1
Seconds per Round: 90
Ranked:
Rounds: 5
Seconds per Round: 180
Ranked!

What are some matches you'd make for your server, or, what match format do you think would be most entertaining to participate in? :D
Teams

Team Management
Team Invites: Leaders can send invited out to players which persist until they accept or deny them.
Team Roles: Leaders can specify which elemental role a player will fulfill in their matches. This can also be done via invite.
Customizable Aspects of a Team
Team Name: Your Team name is completely customizable and can be changed at any time by the Team leader.
Team Color: Teams have the ability to customize the color of each individual armor piece they wear during a match to distinguish them from the crowd! Additionally, the leader can change them at any point and can customize the display color of your team name!

What is your Probending team's Uniform look like??
Team Performance
Team Stats: Probending logs team wins and losses and will rank them on performance.

Players
Player Stats: Like teams, individual players have their wins and losses logged and, when playing ranked matches receive points towards an ELO rating.
Player ELO Rating: Ranked matches allow players to boost their ELO rating and ascend (or descend) the ladder of glory!

Thanks for reading everyone! Shoutout to @Sobki for helping me with a few of the screenshots and the new Passive API. Be sure to leave any suggestions for these posts and any answers to my questions below!

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Tremorsense??? *flipsout*

Ps. first

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Nice changes :eek:. Though, I can't tell how heatcontrol is completely different now (apart from magmablock animation addition) from the old one. Bugs are fixed probably, but can't recall what are they :/

Phasechange can freeze flowing water? :eek:o I always got pissed off when it couldn't, but now... AWESOME :D

Oh sweet. A more clean or organized Passive API. You guys never sees to amaze me. Good work! :) (GracefulDescent - now that's SOMETHING. A very genius!).

Tremorsense now indeed wiltl be more useful + dope looking. Earthbenders that get to try would have no hate on it and will be more impressed by the changes you guys done to it :D

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Oh sweet. A more clean or organized Passive API. You guys never sees to amaze me. Good work! :) (GracefulDescent - now that's SOMETHING. A very genius!)
I did the name for that one ;)
Appreciate the love <3

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Phasechange can freeze flowing water? :eek:o I always got pissed off when it couldn't, but now... AWESOME :D
Another important note is that PhaseChange now freezes in layers. This is configurable and, in my own opinion, really adds to the ability.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Is it me, or does this change heatcontrol fire nulification via crouch? (I recall it used to be with via left click).

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Is it me, or does this change heatcontrol fire nulification via crouch? (I recall it used to be with via left click).
Extinguish? Yes, you shift to extinguish the fire in a radius around you now.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Fixed LavaFlow incorrectly setting Double Plant blocks to air.
Fixed LavaFlow lava becoming permanent after a reload.
Fixed LavaFlow spawning particles on non-earth materials.
While playing at the server (presumambly with this updated version before it got released), there was a bug, where it creates lava below snow layers covering, but the snow stays there regardless of there not being a solid below to support (that's how it works in vanilla). So yeah, just reporting...

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
Amazing work! Thank you very much, development team! We glad to take these changes, my heart is full of happiness, thank you again. I can repeat it more, more and more. Omni, in the post you have forgotten say about Ice Revert, am I right? Thank you again! It is miraculous news in New Year!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Are those passives referred to non-bindable?
With the addition of this and the Collision API I expect some pretty great addons from you guys, be sure to post your idea for a cool fire passive or a subelement passive in the comments! You might get lucky and have it get made! ;)
Does turning a stick into torch with heatcontrol right click count?
Waterbending needs a passive, (where if (s)he has permision to use melt with phasechange) falling right before pluming to the ice, the ice below the feet should turn into water (like how earth turns block into hand). Not sure if that what you're "Hydrosink" does, as it does live it up to the name.
Earthbenders should break earth blocks faster (metalbenders with metal as well).
Chi - somebody already suggested, but give them weaker swiftswim.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I feel like the whole tremorsense move should be considered a sub-element... Because not every earthbender showed an ability to do it, like lavabending, and if they could, they had to find out and learn how, like metalbending. Idk what you'd call this sub-element.... Senses? Magnify? Your pick I suppose.

I really like that y'all added magma and cobblestone to Heat Control, seems much more logical. I didn't see any changed with the cook version?

Phase Change, overall, seems much better and less laggy than it's older versions. It's glow up is real for 2017.

And fore the TremorSense, again, I love the seeing people through walls thing. But that adds to my suggestion about making it a sub-element. Since, in the show, not all earthbenders were shown to possess this ability; only the Beifong family actually...

**EDIT**
I LIED! Aang used it...... I forgot about that.... okay bye

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I feel like the whole tremorsense move should be considered a sub-element... Because not every earthbender showed an ability to do it, like lavabending, and if they could, they had to find out and learn how, like metalbending. Idk what you'd call this sub-element.... Senses? Magnify? Your pick I suppose.
Same thought as yours. There was a debate, but it ended with a thread "denied" and locked. Thx for reminding me though, as I might leave a Suggestion about it.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Yeah, will there be any annoucements how about it? Not asking when, but should we expect one in the following years?

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

I really like that y'all added magma and cobblestone to Heat Control, seems much more logical. I didn't see any changed with the cook version?

Phase Change, overall, seems much better and less laggy than it's older versions. It's glow up is real for 2017.

And fore the TremorSense, again, I love the seeing people through walls thing. But that adds to my suggestion about making it a sub-element. Since, in the show, not all earthbenders were shown to possess this ability; only the Beifong family actually...

**EDIT**
I LIED! Aang used it...... I forgot about that.... okay bye
Actually Aiwei used it, he was a truth seer who like toph sensed the minute changes in peoples heart using seismic sense.