• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

In Development Better Earth Armor

In Avatar TLA we see a lot of use of Earth Armor to combat firebending. I think that you should not be able to be lit on fire when wearing earth armor.

PS (If this is already a feature im sorry, I havent had a lot of time lately to test stuff)

xNuminousx

It has a feature where if you're on fire, it will extinguish you while you are on fire. But if you already have the armor on and you step into a flame you will be ignited. Personally I don't think Firebending should ignite you at all (for some moves at least) but that's a whole different story. If Fire is still going to ignite people, then I think this is a pointless step in development. Logic needs to be applied to both sides rather than one (On fire while using earth armor vs ignited by fire abilities).

Ah ok. It appears metal is affective against fire too. I don't know how Toph manage to stay cool from the inside without getting signed, but I guess there's a rational scientific explanation there.

xNuminousx

Yea I think she used that metal version a couple times. Plus Sue used it in TLOK while fighting Kuvira. I'm sure there are several other times it's been used. I'm currently rewatching the entire TLOK series.

I'm kind of on the fence about disabling ignite while in earth armor mode..... For this reason, I'm out:
If Fire is still going to ignite people, then I think this is a pointless step in development. Logic needs to be applied to both sides rather than one

Toph didn't burn though... somehow. Show creators usually/often than not don't discard logic. I really doubt that scene waa flawed regards with irl physics.

Lol, I though you were disagreeing with the OP's propose request. Even though I put this comment for the intention to try to look over this possibility, my context isn't changed. If toph didn't burn, why should then others burn.

xNuminousx

Toph didn't burn though... somehow. Show creators usually/often than not don't discard logic. I really doubt that scene waa flawed regards with irl physics.

Lol, I though you were disagreeing with the OP's propose request. Even though I put this comment for the intention to try to look over this possibility, my context isn't changed. If toph didn't burn, why should then others burn.
I'm sure she didn't get burned inside the metal because the metal wasn't being heated long enough for the head to go through the metal and out the other side. I'm sure she felt some of the heat but it wasn't near as intense as it would have been without the armor.

Madocean

Yeah i think the armor should just provide fire res or something, its pretty blatantly clear that the armor is immune to fire. Ex.) Aang TANKS the ozai barrage before going AS in the last tla fight. I've heard a good few earthbenders complain about the uselessness of eartharmor in fights against fire. Krios namely, is one of the best earthbenders I've ever met, his last wish upon quitting bending in the last convesation we had was to see eartharmor gain some sort of fire res. I think that generally from a logic standpoint this concept is necessary for the development of the fire vs earth meta.

Madocean

Yeah i think the armor should just provide fire res or something, its pretty blatantly clear that the armor is immune to fire. Ex.) Aang TANKS the ozai barrage before going AS in the last tla fight. I've heard a good few earthbenders complain about the uselessness of eartharmor in fights against fire. Krios namely, is one of the best earthbenders I've ever met, his last wish upon quitting bending in the last convesation we had was to see eartharmor gain some sort of fire res. I think that generally from a logic standpoint this concept is necessary for the development of the fire vs earth meta.
Also, Id like to see Eartharmor just be like absorption. Takes idk 2-5 hearts of damage and is then destroyed. That's how it works in the show, and it makes more sense in the meta than having people just kinda tank everything w/ no regrets and such. It'd add a strategical aspect to using armor.

Madocean

Erm... it does act just like absorption? It's been like that since a few updates ago.
As in the armor has a health?

I use beta 9 so I 100% havent seen that before. Also I meant to say that the armor would make you near invincible, only prone to damage by attacks like combustion, and lightning. Again the armor having a set cap to the amount of damage it can absorb

Bumbullbee

I use beta 9 so I 100% havent seen that before. Also I meant to say that the armor would make you near invincible, only prone to damage by attacks like combustion, and lightning. Again the armor having a set cap to the amount of damage it can absorb
Well, atm the move gives you absorption, when those extra hearts run out the armor is broken. I don't think that invulnerability to moves is a good idea, especially if it's from only one element.
I do, however, agree that fire ticks should not damage you while earth armor is present.

You can always check the recent changes from the following logs: http://projectkorra.com/resources/categories/official-plugin-releases.2/

I like that they added it. It has now have use. I just wonder If Suffocate can destroy the armor or not. (@OmniCypher ?)

Madocean

Well, atm the move gives you absorption, when those extra hearts run out the armor is broken. I don't think that invulnerability to moves is a good idea, especially if it's from only one element.
I do, however, agree that fire ticks should not damage you while earth armor is present.
I mean it IS canon and I just dont see a use for eartharmor that DOESN'T do that, you may as well just work to avoid moves instead of binding it..

It is a good thing they thought of that. I myself wasn't even aware that eartharmor was worthless with the lack of it. I just literally though it did protect a bender from elemental attacks.. Nobody even suggested that, so kudos for the staff noticing that flaw and from there resolving it.

Bumbullbee

I mean it IS canon and I just dont see a use for eartharmor that DOESN'T do that, you may as well just work to avoid moves instead of binding it..
Being able to use a move that instantly gives you 4 extra hearts (even if they take a little damage from fire) isn't useless. If anything it's a great move to use for both offensive combos and defensive retreating. Them being absorbtion hearts also allows your regular hearts to regenerate even if you're taking damage. I use it often (if I use elements at all) when I'm in combat.

Madocean

Being able to use a move that instantly gives you 4 extra hearts (even if they take a little damage from fire) isn't useless. If anything it's a great move to use for both offensive combos and defensive retreating. Them being absorbtion hearts also allows your regular hearts to regenerate even if you're taking damage. I use it often (if I use elements at all) when I'm in combat.
I mean what you described is basically the same thing I'm suggesting but less aesthetic.