• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Announcing the first ProjectKorra Community Contest - Win up to $20

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I still won't be participating. I haven't had a chance to work on this move I've been working on for forever lol.

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
I still won't be participating. I haven't had a chance to work on this move I've been working on for forever lol.
I would really hope that you could try to squeeze something in before the contests ends, the goal is to inspire and further the creation of addons in the community. The rewards are just an incentive, the main purpose it to just have fun working on something and showing it off to the community.

I haven't started on mine yet, lol.
Better late than never? ;) You should to try and get something in, even if it is really simple!

Loony

Verified Member
Of course it's possible, everything is! Just not everyone has knows what they are doing. Some are learning as they go.
I didn't know what I was doing lol, I had to learn and make. I've only made extremely basic abilities before that just shoot players forward or change their velocity. This is pretty much the first real ability I've made.

YourAverageNerd

Verified Member
I made my submission in a week only, it's totally possible
Who said it wasn't possible? (Someone probably did, I don't know who). It's DEFINITELY possible to make an ability in a week. Even that is rather long (of course people might have other things to do).

Loony

Verified Member
Who said it wasn't possible? (Someone probably did, I don't know who). It's DEFINITELY possible to make an ability in a week. Even that is rather long (of course people might have other things to do).
People were saying that a week isn't long to learn how to make an ability and do it

xNuminousx

Verified Member
He was referring to me when I said it'd be difficult for an inexperienced person to learn/create an ability within a week.

YourAverageNerd

Verified Member
People were saying that a week isn't long to learn how to make an ability and do it
Learn it from scratch? Without knowing any Java or having any programming experience at all? Well... learning Java, the ProjectKorra API and getting a bit of a general feel for programming in 1 week, I wouldn't recommend trying that. What one would produce with the knowledge gathered in that time wouldn't be exactly be what you call 'great'.

Just learning the PK API within a week is definitely possible though.

Loony

Verified Member
Learn it from scratch? Without knowing any Java or having any programming experience at all? Well... learning Java, the ProjectKorra API and getting a bit of a general feel for programming in 1 week, I wouldn't recommend trying that. What one would produce with the knowledge gathered in that time wouldn't be exactly be what you call 'great'.

Just learning the PK API within a week is definitely possible though.
We were talking about just learning how to make an ability, not Java itself lol.

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Special thanks to all four individuals who participated in our first addon contest! As hinted at, all participants will receive recognition on the forums and in the plugin itself as recognized addon creators. We will begin deliberation today and will hopefully have our top entries by the end of this weekend.