• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

A lot of things... | June 13th, 2016

Kiam

Verified Member
Hello, members of the ProjectKorra community and some visitors. I wanted to make this announcement for a few reasons. I am going to start off on a serious note. As some of you may know, there has been a lot going on recently in the United States. Two very tragic events took place in Orlando this weekend. On Friday, former "Voice" contestant and YouTuber Christina Grimmie was shot and killed after a concert. On Sunday morning, an armed terrorist gunned down 49 individuals at "Pulse" nightclub. This was a hate crime against the LGBT community. I would just like to take a moment to grieve for the families that lost their loved ones this weekend.

So, to continue some sad news, I want to apologize for a mistake that we'd made in the past regarding some staff departures. We have two staff members that were not properly acknowledged for the amount of work they've done:

@Simplicitee was a huge bug crusher and helped the plugin a lot when he still worked on the development team. Thank you so much, Ben. I am so sorry that you didn't receive this recognition at the time of your resignation.

@Dr_CrossFire was very helpful during his time on the ProjectKorra staff. He helped to design the plugin alongside the other members of the Concept Design team. Again, I am sorry that you did not receive your deserved recognition, Cross.

Alright, so for some more positive news:
I'm so happy to welcome @Soarinsorin to the ProjectKorra Staff! He has already established himself as an enthusiastic and productive member of the team. Sorin, I cannot wait to see what the future holds for you in the staff.

Development:
Keep on reporting those bugs, people! We should have a BETA out within the next few days (there are a few small bugs still in progress). We are reaching the end of 1.8.0 and we're super excited to start making the planned changes in 1.9.0 (which will include MC 1.9/1.10 support!). Keep an eye out for 1.8.0 BETA 12 soon, and keep those bug reports coming.
(Matt says Hi)

Concept Design:
1.9.0 Core Has been drafted up and is currently in final review by the Concept Design team. We are now looking for suggestions regarding Spirits and RPG! Lets us know how we can bring some more Avatar Universe into Minecraft.
(Fyf says Hi)

Thank you for reading this post, and have a good week!
Be safe and spend time with your loved ones.

Sshawarma

Verified Member
congrats sorin, thx to everyone that has helped making the plugin too! Excited to see what is coming for the next version of (integer version) pk. And yeah what happened at Orlando was sad, but it is more important to try to fix the issue and teach tolerance at least to others. It is okay if people do not agree with the lgbt movement due to religious or personal beliefs, but NOT if they act upon it or hold negative feelings towards it. Tolerance and freedom is what built the U.S (mostly.....) and it is important to continue it into the future and with other countries.

Sshawarma

Verified Member
Except most of the US beginnings was made on the backs of the enslaved :/
lol, thats why i put mostly....or maybe kinda.... Whatever, i think most people got my point.....

Edit: now that i think about it, the U.S has only been built by slavery, oppression, war and class differences. Maybe i need to rethink life now....

Nicholas Taylor

Verified Member
Hello, members of the ProjectKorra community and some visitors. I wanted to make this announcement for a few reasons. I am going to start off on a serious note. As some of you may know, there has been a lot going on recently in the United States. Two very tragic events took place in Orlando this weekend. On Friday, former "Voice" contestant and YouTuber Christina Grimmie was shot and killed after a concert. On Sunday morning, an armed terrorist gunned down 49 individuals at "Pulse" nightclub. This was a hate crime against the LGBT community. I would just like to take a moment to grieve for the families that lost their loved ones this weekend.

So, to continue some sad news, I want to apologize for a mistake that we'd made in the past regarding some staff departures. We have two staff members that were not properly acknowledged for the amount of work they've done:

@Simplicitee was a huge bug crusher and helped the plugin a lot when he still worked on the development team. Thank you so much, Ben. I am so sorry that you didn't receive this recognition at the time of your resignation.

@Dr_CrossFire was very helpful during his time on the ProjectKorra staff. He helped to design the plugin alongside the other members of the Concept Design team. Again, I am sorry that you did not receive your deserved recognition, Cross.

Alright, so for some more positive news:
I'm so happy to welcome @Soarinsorin to the ProjectKorra Staff! He has already established himself as an enthusiastic and productive member of the team. Sorin, I cannot wait to see what the future holds for you in the staff.

Development:
Keep on reporting those bugs, people! We should have a BETA out within the next few days (there are a few small bugs still in progress). We are reaching the end of 1.8.0 and we're super excited to start making the planned changes in 1.9.0 (which will include MC 1.9/1.10 support!). Keep an eye out for 1.8.0 BETA 12 soon, and keep those bug reports coming.
(Matt says Hi)

Concept Design:
1.9.0 Core Has been drafted up and is currently in final review by the Concept Design team. We are now looking for suggestions regarding Spirits and RPG! Lets us know how we can bring some more Avatar Universe into Minecraft.
(Fyf says Hi)

Thank you for reading this post, and have a good week!
Be safe and spend time with your loved ones.
Man hype for 1.9 and all. For spiritbending there should be a blink move where you teleport where you are looking after charge for like 5 seconds. Just an idea.