• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

9/26/2014 Weekly Update

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone, here is another weekly update, and a relatively short one at that. There hasn't been too much going on this past week, so I'll just leave some information to fill you in.

Statistics
  • 84 Servers now use ProjectKorra (Core)
  • We are now up to 602 forum users. (+27 from last week)
Development Status
We have had another week of pretty much nothing coming out, we are still working on design (I have been telling the concept designers to get on some stuff), and several bug fixes have been submitted. I'd expect at least 1-2 new Dev Builds of ProjectKorra (Core) containing minor feature changes and some bug fixes, however, I'd like to remind you all that we will not be releasing any ProjectKorra (RPG) Dev Builds until AFTER the full release of ProjectKorra (Core) 1.5.0.

A lot of the slowness in development can be explained by my heightened amount of being busy lately, it isn't uncommon for me to get home between 9:30 and 10:00 PM now. Additionally, there are still things up in the air as to the future of Bukkit.

I am not issuing a development freeze by no means, however, it is likely that we will have to recode the plugin when a stable, new API is made public (Sponge, etc). Once it is public we will begin to work on porting ProjectKorra over to whatever this new API is and work from there. From what it looks like, Bukkit is done for. Once we have a stable alternative, I will begin to develop for that platform instead of Bukkit. We will not drop support for Bukkit, however, it is likely future builds will be primarily developed in whatever this new platform is.

As of now, no new platform is stable and available, so we aren't developing for anything other than Bukkit. However, there is a natural hesitation that we will have to redo the entire plugin once another platform is made available, as it becomes increasingly clear that Bukkit may be done for good.

Sponsorships:
We had one new person purchase a ProjectKorra Sponsorship this past week. I'd like to thank matanrak. The support means a ton. If you would like to learn more about the Sponsorships, please see the Sponsorships page above.

Please read all of the details for Sponsorships before you even consider a purchase so you know what it entails.

That's it for this week guys! I told you I would keep it short. There just hasn't been much going on because I've been extraordinarily busy (School, College Applications, etc). Hang in there! Great things are coming to ProjectKorra.