• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

2/22/16 ~ Community Update

Kiam

Verified Member
Hello, ProjectKorra community! This is Kiam comin' at cha' with a community update. Before I go on, I'd just like to acknowledge that all members of the ProjectKorra staff team appreciate your patience regarding the release of new beta builds, and we hope to do the best we can to continue to provide the best experience for each and every one of you!
That being said, I have a few announcements to make regarding the community and plugin as a whole.

THE DIGITAL TEAM IS HIRING!

Do you have any experience creating video content for a Minecraft setting?
Do you know anything about graphic design and/or digital art?
Are you savvy with creating resource packs?
If you said yes to any of the above questions, you might be a good candidate for our Digital Team!
Led up by myself, we have a few different responsibilities in the PK community. Most notably, we are responsable for providing the graphics used on the Wiki, the Website and social media. We also manage the Server List and the YouTube Channel. If you're interested in taking a part in any of these duties, please do not hesitate to apply for a position. If you have any questions regarding the team, or your possible role on the staff, please feel free shoot me a pm.

Application Link: http://projectkorra.com/applicationform/digital-team-application.5/form
YOUTUBE CONTENT

Like I said above, we are looking for people willing to create content for our ProjectKorra YouTube channel. Like the title of the platform we're using, the focus is on YOU. We want to see what kind of content you guys can create regarding ProjectKorra. This can be anything ranging from a bending tutorial to a comedy video, or even a server review.

The official post about the submission can be found here: http://projectkorra.com/threads/submit-to-the-projectkorra-youtube-channel.3881/
PROJECTKORRA OFFICIAL TEST SERVER

Progress is being made regarding the test server, but we could still use your help! We request that all of you provide any suggestions you have to the server as possible, so we can create a place that is custom fit to what the community wants, rather than what we think it wants.
NEXT BETA RELEASE

The long awaited PK 1.8.0 BETA 10 is coming soon! The only thing left before release is to test the build to make sure its in ship shape for download, and then it'll be available to all of you. Much like the other builds of the plugin, we still need you guys to be diligent when it comes to reporting the bugs you find. It's super useful for the developers to get bug reports to help polish up the plugin and make it as bug-free and efficient as possible, which benefits us all.

Alright y'all, I think that's it for now. However, It wouldn't be a proper community update without a question at the end...

I'm sure all of you have heard about Minecraft 1.9 coming out in a few days. What are you most excited about? How do you think the new 1.9 features can be utilized in ProjectKorra? Let me know in the comments below!

Last edited:

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
If we already have a digital team application, do we have to make another?

Kiam

Verified Member
If we already have a digital team application, do we have to make another?
Good question!
I think your application is still being considered. If you've already submitted one with the new form (the one linked above) then you don't need to submit a new one. I'll make sure to talk to Shawn about your application. All applications go through him before the department heads get a look at them.

Gold

Verified Member
P.S.

This weird guy named Gold or whatever, (loser) has his birthday on March 4.

Such a lame guy amirite.

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
This is a very importance announcement. Please read!

When the next beta is release ALL ProjectKorra plugins will be updated simultaneously. All servers will be highly advised to update to the latest versions of Core, Items, RPG, and Probending as soon as possible. The changes made in the next beta will break all addons, this is a heads up to all the developers in the community. A detailed post outlining the API changes will be out in the coming days so you can hopefully get a head start before we push the build, we just want to finish any and all changes to the API beforehand.

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
Good question!
I think your application is still being considered. If you've already submitted one with the new form (the one linked above) then you don't need to submit a new one. I'll make sure to talk to Shawn about your application. All applications go through him before the department heads get a look at them.
It obviously has to be able to be considered because I can't even access the application page, so, fun fun, all fun.

Hero

Verified Member
Im excited for those flying thingys that you put on your back. Those flying thingys can be used for the gliding thingys that those airbending-thingys can use. ;3

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
In all honesty, I don't like the look of 1.9. Dual Wielding is just stupid, PvP is going to be so derpy now >.< , Armor is going to be weaker (enchantment wise), the new Elytra seem so limited in terms of it's potential and I wish they had expanded on that more.

But apart from that, I'm really looking forward to the new end revamp, the new command block stuff, lingering potions, as well as all the new and awesome potion effects and enchantments :D

The update will be amazing for command block users (and plugin developers ;)! I just don't like the new PvP aspects of it xD

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
It will probably be in 1.9.3 or what ever they want to call it. ;)