• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

12/27/14 Weekly Update

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Happy Saturday! Sorry that this update is coming later than most (it seems Saturday updates are becoming more my thing anyway), we’ve been working on a lot of stuff over the last couple of days and this sort of just slipped my mind. Hope everyone had / is having a fun and safe holiday.

Staff Changes

@kiammcquaid has been moved from GFX Artist to Concept Designer. We are working on expanding our Concept Design team as we begin the planning on the newer versions of the existing ProjectKorra plugins as well as the upcoming plugins that have been deemed ‘in planning’. (Spirits, Probending, etc, etc)

A couple of weeks ago I introduced the idea of a new sector of the staff - The Wiki Team. A few applications have been submitted and we are certainly still accepting them. So far we have brought on @SexyToad to help us out with the wiki. We strongly encourage others to apply for the position as well, we will continue to review existing applications over the next week or two.

Archiuz has done a great job manning the GFX Artist department of the staff by himself so far. He has done great work with it thus far, however, as we branch out beyond 16x Resource Packs we will need to make this more of a team. We are looking for people with experience in Resource Pack creation to help us out here. If you are interested, or you know someone that is (and is familiar with the Avatar world), please apply / have them apply.

Resource Pack

Archiuz (mentioned above) has worked tirelessly on our Resource Packs over the last week or so. We have updated the Default today and released two others with it.
  • ProjectKorra x16 Default -
    • Standard version of ProjectKorra Resource Pack, best used with the latest version of Optifine.
  • ProjectKorra x16 Lite -
    • The Lite Version of the ProjectKorra Resource Pack contains many performance enhancements. Best used with Optifine and the following GFX Settings to ensure maximum performance:
      • Smooth Lightning Minimum - 0-15% Lighting
      • GFX, Fast
      • Fast Math, ON
      • 2-6 Chunk Render Distance
      • Anisotropic OFF
      • Mipmapping, OFF
      • SKY, OFF
  • ProjectKorra x16 Blue
    • The blue version of the ProjectKorra Resource Pack. Contains purely aesthetic effects at no cost to performance. For use with Optifine and the following settings.
      • Brightness - 0-40% for full effect.
You can download all of the Resource Packs on the download page.

ProjectKorra (Core) Development

ProjectKorra (Core) v1.6.0 is now in development. This update will probably be released much faster than the 1.5.0 release was, a majority of our developers have sort of gone all hands on deck with getting 1.6.0 done.

We have released the first dev build which is really just the tip of the (avatar pun incoming) iceberg. Our Concept Design team is still working on finalizing some ideas for this version, but our goal is to clean up what we already have while finally addressing some features that were brought up long ago (and are or were at one time in hot demand).

ProjectKorra (RPG) Development

It is about time to start looking into developing ProjectKorra (RPG) v1.1.0. It is likely that it will be largely centered around bug fixes from the 1.0.0 release, with few new features. Over the next week or so we will be processing RPG suggestions, reviewing bug reports, and begin developing the first beta build for ProjectKorra (RPG) v1.1.0.

IRC Chat

If you’ve noticed, at the top of our website is an IRC link. This link has been dead for a while now. I have finally gotten around to adding an IRC chat to the page. This chat is meant to be a large community chat, not just a place to go report bugs and talk about the plugins. If you’re looking for something to do, feel free to hop into the IRC chat and hang out for a bit with others. You’ll see the staff drop in from to time. This chat is Moderated by the Concept Designers and I. The rules for the chat are fairly lenient, but it is required that you follow them. They are posted at the bottom of the IRC page, located here: http://projectkorra.com/irc.php

Ted Kim

I can't use airbending except airscooter and airspout in my private server (I am using projectkorracore(1.5.1) and using projectkorra rpg ver.1.0.0.). However, when I use airscooter, I can fly and airspout's flight limit is unlimited. And also there are not airbending particle. Please fix these errors.

Last edited:
I can't use airbending except airscooter and airspout in my private server (I am using projectkorracore(1.5.1) and using projectkorra rpg ver.1.0.0.). However, when I use airscooter, I can fly and airspout's flight limit is unlimited. And also there are not airbending particle. Please fix these errors.
Ted Kim you have to move this to the bug report and i had the same problem. You need spigot 1.8

Ted Kim

I found the other error. We can't change the direction of the earthblast. When we use Bending plugin(not projectkorra), we can change the direction of the earthblast. I could shoot the earthblast and click the other place to change the direction. (I am sorry about I am not good at English. I am just a middle student) And I don't know how to use spigot. And I am pretty sure I am using spigot 1.7.9

Last edited:
Well, I can't use spigot. When I try to use spigot, I can't open the server. And I found the other error. We can't change the direction of the earthblast. When we use Bending plugin(not projectkorra), we can change the direction of the earthblast. I could shoot the earthblast and click the other place to change the direction. (I am sorry about I am not good at English. I am just a middle student)
Projectkorra 1.5.0 and higher work only with spigot 1.8.

Ted Kim

Well, minecraftere. I got an idea. Please send me your server file that includes spigot ver 1.8. If you don't mind, I will tell you my email address.

Ted Kim

Thank you for helping me but I can't find my spigot so I can't fix this so I tell you my email address then send me your fixed server.

Ted Kim

I think I'd better get a server from a minecraftere. I tried to fix spigot myself. But I failed. And I recognized that I am poor at this.

Can someone help me? I went to the downloads page and clicked the green download buttion for v1.0.0 ProjectKorra(RPG) but it just sent me to another page of the downloads. If someone could give me the adfly link or download source page for me to download the PRojectKorra(RPG), please do <3