• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

11/21/14 - Weekly Community Update

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Happy Friday everyone! We've had a fairly big week ProjectKorra wise, and things will likely keep coming through the start of the Holidays (at least for us Americans). We can expect things to slow down a bit during the Thanksgiving weekend, but thanks for the support as of late!

Statistics
  • 124 Servers currently using our plugin (Time of day has a lot to do with this)
    • This number is grabbed from PluginMetrics. To ensure your server is included in this number, go into the plugins/ProjectMetrics config and make sure opt-in is set to true.
  • 1,144 Registered Forum Users (+81 Registrations since last week)
Suggestions
If you haven’t noticed by now, there is a new tag in the suggestions area for ProjectKorra (Core). There is now an orange ‘Pending Review’ tag in front of some threads. This is the old Looking Into. I am in the early phases of redoing how our staff looks at Suggestions. Essentially, here is what the new tags mean:
  • Suggestion: Suggestions we haven't looked at at all.
  • Pending Review: We see it, isn't impossible, but hasn't been approved.
  • Looking Into: The suggestion has been reviewed and discussed in some capacity by the Design team for the applicable plugin and it is likely to be added at some point in the future. (Not necessarily soon)
  • Complete: Has already been completed and publicly released.
  • Denied: We will not be adding your suggestion. Either it has already been suggeted, it is impossible to do with existing Bukkit limitations, the suggestion was too vague, too unorganized, or it just doesn't fit into the plugin.
All existing Looking Into tags were changed to Pending Review and will eventually get a review (Still probably weeks away). Pretty soon, the Concept Designers will begin to look at the original Suggestion tag to clean those up a bit. Those that are deemed possible will be moved into Pending Review. Once we get those out of the way, we will begin actually reviewing some of the suggestions made, especially as we start preparing for 1.6.0 (1.5.0 isn’t even out yet).

We are applying these changes to ProjectKorra (Core) now, just to see how they work, before we apply them to ProjectKorra (RPG). I have felt for a while now that our suggestion system was missing a step, and I hope this clears it up a bit. We’ve had an issue with this purgatory that is “Looking Into” in the past. Hopefully this allows people to have a clearer thought of where their suggestion stands.

Also, when we get into actually reviewing suggestions, we will ultimately type up responses to most suggestions posted. For example: We may change things from the suggestion, but the idea overall is implemented. We are going to try to keep better logs of this stuff in replying to suggestions. It is likely a lot of what is currently marked as “Pending Review” has been implemented, but was never marked as such. This is due to the clutter we have had in our suggestion system. I hope this cleans it up!

Spam Bots
Last week I posted about implementing a quick fix to forum registration in hopes to decrease the amount of spam bots registering. One week later, it appears that this has been a success. I haven’t noticed many (if any) that have gotten through. Wish I had done it sooner to be honest. I also said it wouldn't have a 100% success rate, nothing does, but this is definitely a nice start.

ProjectKorra (Core)

This has been a fairly good week for the plugin. We’ve made a lot of progress toward our 1.5.0 release, and as of now, I’d expect a release within a couple of weeks. (Probably before December).

Earthbenders: We promised EarthCombos, but we are currently expanding upon the move base before we can get to Combos. That said, it is likely Earth Combos may be pushed back to 1.6.0 or later, but we are expanding upon the move base. We are currently planning at least one new Metalbending ability for 1.5.0, and we don’t want to bloat Earthbending in this update. We’ll keep our options open, but nothing is being promised as of now.

Chiblockers: In a similar situation as Earthbenders, we may work on just adding an ability or two before we start on Combos with Chi. Fact of the matter is, there aren’t many official abilities that we can work with when it comes to Chiblocking.

ProjectKorra (RPG)
We haven’t made much progress in this department this week. We are still on track to release it with the full 1.5.0 release of ProjectKorra (Core)

Applications
Please, do not turn applications in the application section of the forum into discussions. I am locking all of the applications where this becomes a problem. Let me clear up some things about how our application system:
  • If your application is marked as valid, don't bug us about it. This means there is nothing wrong with your application.
  • Applications are not on a first come first served basis. We accept applications when we need to, and we base it purely on merit and clarity of your thread, not whether or not you were able to get an application in during the month of June.
Resource Manager
An official Resource Category has been created for Unofficial ProjectKorra Side Plugins. These are plugins that hook directly into the ProjectKorra API and extend it somehow someway. These are installed directly into your plugins folder. At the moment, only one of these exists on the forum, and this should be converted over to the new Resource system ASAP.

Eventually, all of the categories will have ‘official’ resource categories in efforts to clean up the custom download section of the forum.

Moonelight

Verified Member
I always feel the need to continue reading these PK Update threads even if they have no good news. Just because they are written that well c:

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
I always feel the need to continue reading these PK Update threads even if they have no good news. Just because they are written that well c:
I spend all week working on them! I pretty much start the next week's on Saturday and just add to it as the week goes on.