• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

1.7.0 BETA 2 News

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone,

So 1.7.0 BETA Builds have been slow, but we have been working. We aren't going heavy on new features right now, as temporarily we are focusing on some internal changes that will open the doors for us to do so much more in the near future.

I felt that this post was necessary to inform everyone what the next major beta build will hold, as it is large enough to potentially mess with a lot of people if they aren't paying attention. I usually let Dev Build features be a surprise, but this is a necessary post to make.

In 1.7.0 BETA 2, we will be redoing our Methods classes completely to make them much more organized and efficient to prepare for the release of official ProjectKorra Javadocs. To anyone that has ever used our API in any way, you know first hand how horribly disorganized and ineffective it is, and thus, we are trying to fix that before we get too much further into the stuff we plan to add with the rest of this update.

So, what does this mean?
  • Individual method classes for each element. Meaning there is an AirMethods, WaterMethods, EarthMethods, FireMethods, and ChiMethods on top of the new GeneralMethods class. This should be self explanatory, but it will help you find the Methods you are looking for MUCH easier.
  • We are officially removing old deprecated methods, meaning, if your addon ability or plugin makes use of them, they will stop working.
  • Methods will be renamed to GeneralMethods, which will effectively require every addon to be updated.
  • New Featuers for TempBlocks (more details later)
So what does this mean for you (Developers)?
You will likely have to update each and every one of your addons to use the new Methods in whatever class they can be found in. This process alone SHOULDN'T take very long if you know what you are doing, and will ultimately help you out in the long run as we continue to expand the API. Plus, this is a good time to purge out the old addon abilities that obviously do not work anymore.

I am making this news post to put developers on alert, as it is likely that this dev build will be released this Friday night, giving you guys the weekend to update your abilities and addons.

So what does this mean for you (Server Owners)?
Stay on the lookout for updates to custom abilities that you use. If you plan to use this update immediately, chances are you will have to disable custom abilities temporarily (I imagine some will have updates out VERY quickly), or just wait on the update until you feel enough people have updated their abilities to your liking.

We hope this is the last time we have to "break" things, but as we move toward improving our documentation on everything related to ProjectKorra, this is a necessary evil.

Stay classy everyone.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
You can expect any of my abilities excluding avatarform to have be updated pretty soon after the update comes out.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Hello everyone,

So 1.7.0 BETA Builds have been slow, but we have been working. We aren't going heavy on new features right now, as temporarily we are focusing on some internal changes that will open the doors for us to do so much more in the near future.

I felt that this post was necessary to inform everyone what the next major beta build will hold, as it is large enough to potentially mess with a lot of people if they aren't paying attention. I usually let Dev Build features be a surprise, but this is a necessary post to make.

In 1.7.0 BETA 2, we will be redoing our Methods classes completely to make them much more organized and efficient to prepare for the release of official ProjectKorra Javadocs. To anyone that has ever used our API in any way, you know first hand how horribly disorganized and ineffective it is, and thus, we are trying to fix that before we get too much further into the stuff we plan to add with the rest of this update.

So, what does this mean?
  • Individual method classes for each element. Meaning there is an AirMethods, WaterMethods, EarthMethods, FireMethods, and ChiMethods on top of the new GeneralMethods class. This should be self explanatory, but it will help you find the Methods you are looking for MUCH easier.
  • We are officially removing old deprecated methods, meaning, if your addon ability or plugin makes use of them, they will stop working.
  • Methods will be renamed to GeneralMethods, which will effectively require every addon to be updated.
  • New Featuers for TempBlocks (more details later)
So what does this mean for you (Developers)?
You will likely have to update each and every one of your addons to use the new Methods in whatever class they can be found in. This process alone SHOULDN'T take very long if you know what you are doing, and will ultimately help you out in the long run as we continue to expand the API. Plus, this is a good time to purge out the old addon abilities that obviously do not work anymore.

I am making this news post to put developers on alert, as it is likely that this dev build will be released this Friday night, giving you guys the weekend to update your abilities and addons.

So what does this mean for you (Server Owners)?
Stay on the lookout for updates to custom abilities that you use. If you plan to use this update immediately, chances are you will have to disable custom abilities temporarily (I imagine some will have updates out VERY quickly), or just wait on the update until you feel enough people have updated their abilities to your liking.

We hope this is the last time we have to "break" things, but as we move toward improving our documentation on everything related to ProjectKorra, this is a necessary evil.

Stay classy everyone.
wouldn't it be useful to have something like AvatarMethods too ?? Or am I just being stupid now ? :p