• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

1/18/2015 - Weekly Community Update

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone, happy Sunday. I hope those of you in the US are enjoying the long weekend this week due to Martin Luther King Day, to those of you outside the US, at least you still have oxygen to breathe am I right? Sorry this update is coming a (bit) lot late, I've been busy with some school stuff.

Statistics
  • 183 Servers currently using ProjectKorra (Core) as of this being posted.
  • 63 servers currently using ProjectKorra (RPG) as of this being posted.
  • 1,859 Registered Forum Users (+106 in the last week)
Staff Changes
@Vidcom is now a Community Moderator. He will serve as this position on top of his existing position as a Concept Designer. His job will be to ensure that the rules of the forum are upheld by all users on the ProjectKorra forum.

ProjectKorra (Core) Development
It has been a bit of a hectic week for PK Development, we broke some things (but fixed and announced even more). I highly suggest that you take a look at some of the recent BETA Changelogs (8-11) to catch up on what has been happening.

We have released an official set of sub elements that we will consider to be 'blessed' by the ProjectKorra Staff. These are the sub elements that we consider official and will be using as we filter through suggestions in the coming weeks. You can view the list of sub elements here: http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/the-official-projectkorra-set-of-subelements.1800/

Also, a while back I opened a thread asking for opinions on the addon ability API. We received a decent amount of feedback and began acting on it. Because of this we have overhauled our entire Modular API and wrote it from the ground up. This does mean that a lot of abilities broke and will need to be updated for anyone using 1.6.0 BETA 8 or higher.

Wiki
Our wiki team has gone HAM on updating the wiki over the course of the past week. While we still have a work to do, the size of the wiki has almost doubled in the last 7 days alone. We are currently working on increasing the amount of documentation available and expanding / updating documentation for ProjectKorra (Core) before moving on to other things. We are currently sitting around 70% Complete for the ProjectKorra (Core) Wiki, bravo!

Community Disrespect Toward Concept Designers
Over the last week or two I have had to place a few bans and warn a couple of people for being outright disrespectful to our staff, namely the concept designers. Why? Likely because the Concept Designers had to be the ones to tell them that their suggestions sucked and weren't making it into the plugin. I guess now is an appropriate time to remind people what a concept designer does.

A part of a Concept Designer's job is to go through suggestions, and occasionally, that means they must be critical. We aren't looking to add every new move suggested, how much time you put into making your suggestion doesn't factor into our decision at all. We have hundreds of suggestions to filter through and truth is 90% of them are bad or not plausible. We have to be sort of quick in handling suggestions too, as the queue is growing faster than we're really handling it.

I made a thread a while ago explaining exactly how we approach suggestions and developing the plugin, read it here: http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/lets-learn-a-thing-about-how-ability-development-works.1652/

Forum Changes
Signatures are becoming / have always been a bit of a problem around here. They may be full of links, images, oversized text, that makes them unbearable to look at or just too long. Because of this, I have chosen to place minor (yes, minor) restrictions on Signatures by default.

Signatures are currently limited to a maximum of 7 lines, 3 images, and no text sizes larger than 5.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Community Disrespect Toward Concept Designers
Over the last week or two I have had to place a few bans and warn a couple of people for being outright disrespectful to our staff, namely the concept designers. Why? Likely because the Concept Designers had to be the ones to tell them that their suggestions sucked and weren't making it into the plugin. I guess now is an appropriate time to remind people what a concept designer does.

A part of a Concept Designer's job is to go through suggestions, and occasionally, that means they must be critical. We aren't looking to add every new move suggested, how much time you put into making your suggestion doesn't factor into our decision at all. We have hundreds of suggestions to filter through and truth is 90% of them are bad or not plausible. We have to be sort of quick in handling suggestions too, as the queue is growing faster than we're really handling it.

I made a thread a while ago explaining exactly how we approach suggestions and developing the plugin, read it here: http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/lets-learn-a-thing-about-how-ability-development-works.1652/
d(^_^)z

Chain

Verified Member
I need help my players cant change thier elements , i need to know how i can do that please heko