• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Pending Review Idea for ProjectKorra

I've been thinking if water benders can harness snow and water and ice and blood and plants then why not the rain and snow falling from the sky! I for one believe if this was added then as long as you have access to the rain or snow then you can theoretically use any ability you have being a water bender.

xNuminousx

Executing this idea and making it look nice at the same time would be pretty difficult from my standpoint.

For one thing, you can't manipulate the rain/snow animations. Since we can't do this, it's hard to make it look nice. We'd resort to using particles which, don't exactly look bad but watching particles turn into blocks isn't really pretty. This idea is definitely possible but I think it'd be difficult to incorporate. Definitely something to look into for the future though.

Though, it's more of a concern for whether it is possible or lets resource taking (either too much hassle for developers or might risk running the game into lag).
Since we can't do this, it's hard to make it look nice.
Not that I see it being a huge deal breaker, because the illusion would be that water is being from there as there are too many droplets to like, make somebody bat an eye. Also, that's how water acts when you bent it from a plant, I don't really see point why bending rain should be/look any different (start-up from particles before clumping into a gallon of a water block?).

Last edited:

NickC1211

Could become a passive of water manipulation. You hold shift when it’s raining or snowing and just like the drain particles a 1/8 water block becomes a full block that can be sourced. Since it would take a decent amount of time it would make it balanced.

Could become a passive of water manipulation. You hold shift when it’s raining or snowing and just like the drain particles a 1/8 water block becomes a full block that can be sourced. Since it would take a decent amount of time it would make it balanced.
Waterbenders can do far much more than a simple splash of water. Rain happens like one in a lifetime a day just like full move, so it's very situational ability that makes it well balance and not op, unlike how some propose grass-dirt blocks being bent from very they are so easy to come across.

Da Psic

Remember that episode where katara is like instant "ice shards" boom. The thing with rain is that its everywhere, in real life you'd fill a bucket in no time and since waterbenders can use the water all around them, it'd be cool just to see normal moves being thrown.
Maybe make an invisible armor stand that appears only when its raining if you try to use a move, allowing water to be sourced normally.

A cool addition would be freeze parts of the rain, like if you look up and use phasechange, you get an ice umbrella. Or a combo with waterbubble that makes a moving ice umbrella where you don't need to have it selected.