• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Firebending Ability - FireJab

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Ability: FireJab
Class: Fire
Subclass: None
Type: Damage
Damage: 3 Damage (1.5 Hearts)
Range: 4 Blocks
Cost: 10
Cooldown: None
Charges: 3
Charge Cooldown: 10 seconds
Description: Left-click to fire a fast narrow blast of flames, dealing 3 damage and causing small knockback. There is no cooldown between charge uses, however if spammed the opponent's invulnerability frames will block damage, so careful timing must be used to maximize damage.

Upgrades:
Cross:
Your second FireJab now deals +2 Damage, has double range, and double knockback, however FireJab now has -1 Charge and costs +3 Chi.
Combo: If you hit a target with all three of your FireJabs, gain 25 Chi and reduce the cooldown charges of FireJab by half, however FireJab charges have +3 Second cooldown and cost +5 Chi.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I do recall there being similar or not so, but still firejab variations posted through the forum and... Well I don't have much on this and whether firebending need this or not. Though I can only say it would be worth of filling it up with another technique, so it could a less awkward ability that has only left click with one technique. Again, don't know If my insight is worth sharing.

BTW, welcome back. I missed you.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I do recall there being similar or not so, but still firejab variations posted through the forum and... Well I don't have much on this and whether firebending need this or not. Though I can only say it would be worth of filling it up with another technique, so it could a less awkward ability that has only left click with one technique. Again, don't know If my insight is worth sharing.

BTW, welcome back. I missed you.
Firebending in the mod is missing that hyperaggresive feel in my opinion, so I think a fast upclose move like this one would work well. Also, giving an ability like this another functionality would likely be too complex or inconsistent with the philosophy of the move, and if you hit all three jabs you deal 9 damage (4.5 hearts) anyways. This also makes it much simpler to balance and to display information for.

And thank you, it's fun posting now and again. I like the criticism!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Oh, didn't notice this thread is in the Forge section. Then I don't have anything to say about this suggestion. I personally don't like or find an interest in the mod's bending aspect. Everything else (such as mobs, temples) looks interesting, but lack of substial abilities and being counter-intuitive mechanic

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Oh, didn't notice this thread is in the Forge section. Then I don't have anything to say about this suggestion. I personally don't like or find an interest in the mod's bending aspect. Everything else (such as mobs, temples) looks interesting, but lack of substial abilities and being counter-intuitive mechanic
Oh I mostly agree with you. The balance and move design is really bad, the UI is a mess, and I have still not figured out why they went with a radial menu, but I see a lot of potential for something really cool.

FavouriteDragon

Staff member
Forge Developer
Verified Member
Oh I mostly agree with you. The balance and move design is really bad, the UI is a mess, and I have still not figured out why they went with a radial menu, but I see a lot of potential for something really cool.
Oof
lol
Well
I'm planning on adding melee moves sometimes in the future, and some other cool offensive moves.
Crows wasn't planning on making this the plugin; it's meant to evoke familiarity of the show, not the plugin.
The skill menu UI will be massively upgraded next update, turning into a skill tree.
Balance is still being adjusted, and the move design is decent, except for the buggy positioning caused from some unknown source that makes the server go "heyo, x entity is actually here, wayy off where it's meant to be! silly client, even though you're correct I disagree!"
I don't like PK's system of "this click this click this click THIS CLICK and no there's no UI". I think a radial menu allows for a cleaner look, a simpler bending system, and quicker combat in some instances.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Either way, I believe and can count on improving it. UI is needed, but so is a way of making it simple and just intuitive :)

FavouriteDragon

Staff member
Forge Developer
Verified Member
Either way, I believe and can count on improving it. UI is needed, but so is a way of making it simple and just intuitive :)
Yep!
What's in store for the next update (in terms of GUI, UI, and HUD's)
-Better and more efficiently reproduced textures in the skill menu
-Themed radial menus
-Ease of use for creating resource packs
-A new HUD
-A cycling key for cycling through elements
-A skill tree for the skill menu
-An alternate resource pack if you don't like the current one (more symboll-y and modern)