• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Pending Review Suggestion: Customizable Names

JettMC

Verified Member
Hi! I have a new, really awesome Idea! The Idea is: Customable names!

Here's an example

Lightning:
Enabled: true
Name: LightningStrike
Cooldown 500...

I think it would be amazing, to make custom names! Everyone would love it!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
As much as I like this type of freedom, there's a big downside to it: overcomplication. Owners or those who configure a servers config would rename abilities to whatever differently from the rest, leaving it harder to find through TAB-key and having to do /b help in every server that change. Especally renaming them into nonsense, such as "watermanipulation" into ''bunnies'', which leaves this feature to screw-your-minds-abuse.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
As much as I like this type of freedom, there's a big downside to it: overcomplication. Owners or those who configure a servers config would rename abilities to whatever differently from the rest, leaving it harder to find through TAB-key and having to do /b help in every server that change. Especally renaming them into nonsense, such as "watermanipulation" into ''bunnies'', which leaves this feature to screw-your-minds-abuse.
It's likely servers that are seriously renaming abilities to something ridiculous won't survive anyhow.

But don't worry, it's not going to happen since it can't.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I would like to shoot this down just for the sole reason of how much of a buttfuck this would be coding-wise. Call me lazy, but this is an absolute amount of annoying and petty work. Above that, it's mostly unnecesary. Everywhere where abilities are used in code you'd have to read from the config instead of just putting in a piece of text. Besides that, saving it to the database is also crap. You'd have to assign a unique id to each ability, as well as every addon ability, therefor it'd have to be a UUID because addons aren't hardcoded in the plugin. And I'm not even talking about converting the existing databases yet.

EmeraldJelly

Verified Member
Honestly, I don't like this idea. But it would be good to add an option to change certain abilities names. For Example, WaterManipulation is a long name, there could be a config option to allow servers to make it say "WaterManip" so it's easier to bind for those without significant typing skills.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Honestly, I don't like this idea. But it would be good to add an option to change certain abilities names. For Example, WaterManipulation is a long name, there could be a config option to allow servers to make it say "WaterManip" so it's easier to bind for those without significant typing skills.
That's a good example, another being that not all servers using Project Korra are public. Some are just small ones made between friends who are just looking for fun and entertainment.

Loony

Verified Member
If people wanted to change ability names that badly they could do it regardless, it’s open source

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
That's what I meant that SOME could use a change. WaterManipulation is just board as naming it "Waterbending". Either change the name itself to fit the extention, or rename to WaterRazor or Jet or whatever.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Just type waterm and press tab.