• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Fast Swim

iCarly

Since FastSwim is almost exclusive to WaterSpout, I think it should be re-established as WaterSpout's passive. Also, when you're on a WaterSpout AND your selected slot is WaterSpout, I think you should be able to FastSwim with the spout on, as long as you are holding shift and space at the same time.

Height + speed + utilization of other waterbending abilities = overkill. I mean, think about the perspective of benders of other arts: How would you expect anyone to stand chance? ? Maybe airbenders, but remember: their spout might be rendered useless easily once they get hit, and once they fall into the water like a chicken: they're doomed. If your suggestion gets implemented, the gameplay would just turn unbalance.

iCarly

Height + speed + utilization of other waterbending abilities = overkill. I mean, think about the perspective of benders of other arts: How would you expect anyone to stand chance? ? Maybe airbenders, but remember: their spout might be rendered useless easily once they get hit, and once they fall into the water like a chicken: they're doomed. If your suggestion gets implemented, the gameplay would just turn unbalance.
A canonical suggestion is all I'm presenting. I believe that the goal of this plugin is to attain absolute balance between the 4 elements without quashing the very essence of the bending arts. Water is the element of change and versatility, being able to transition from this to that, having all sorts of tricks under the bender's sleeves. Although it might seem like absolute overkill, always remember that water benders are not always surrounded by water. The suggestion was a far-fetched attempt to make water bending seem more real, more applicable and more volatile for the enemy. That being said, I do believe that all the 4 elements have as much potential as water bending does, in their own unique ways. Similarly game-changing alterations can/most absolutely will be added to the plugin as it progresses. A step towards that direction can set a precedent for everyone involved, so what you call an "overkill" might be a great opportunity for the creators to formulate counters or similar abilities that will balance everything out and fit in to their canonical roots at the same time, thus expanding the plugin.

Last edited:
A canonical suggestion is all I'm presenting. I believe that the goal of this plugin is to attain absolute balance between the 4 elements without quashing the very essence of the bending arts. Water is the element of change and versatility, being able to transition from this to that, having all sorts of tricks under the bender's sleeves. Although it might seem like absolute overkill, always remember that water benders are not always surrounded by water. The suggestion was a far-fetched attempt to make water bending seem more real, more applicable and more volatile for the enemy. That being said, I do believe that all the 4 elements have as much potential as water bending does, in their own unique ways. Similarly game-changing alterations can/most absolutely will be added to the plugin as it progresses. A step towards that direction can set a precedent for everyone involved, so what you call an "overkill" might be a great opportunity for the creators to formulate counters or similar abilities that will balance everything out and fit in to their canonical roots at the same time, thus expanding the plugin.
Fair enough. I just some things need to be a priority (earth smash needs to penetrate water, cooldown and duration for waterspout, etc) before this thing takes place, because waterbenders are already annoying as they are when they shoot torrents at opponents from unreachable height in the middle of a decent size pond.

iCarly

Fair enough. I just some things need to be a priority (earth smash needs to penetrate water, cooldown and duration for waterspout, etc) before this thing takes place, because waterbenders are already annoying as they are when they shoot torrents at opponents from unreachable height in the middle of a decent size pond.
Thank you for your insight. Every suggestion can be put on hold, so I guess it's just up to the creators to decide whether to put my suggestion aside or not, and if they do plan on adding it to the plugin, they have the freedom of planning everything out. I hope after the plugin is done, harmony between the four elements can be attained.

xNuminousx

I don’t think giving waterbenders FastSwim-type speed while on a waterspout is practical. If the plugin evolves to where that is even necessary we’ve come to a very sad place.

WaterSpout alone gives waterbenders a much larger access range to their X, Y, and Z positions. They are not bound by the ground or gravity so they can move freely. This aspect alone makes it difficult to attack them. Luckily, the elements are given some abilities with generously sized attack ranges which helps combat the spout. If you give a waterbender enhanced, FastSwim-type speed on their command that could make their mobility spike greatly. Pair that with their damage and defense and they’ll be unstoppable as long as they have a body of water. They’re already difficult to fight in a body of water as it is.

This is not fair to the other elements. If a waterbender wants to swift swim, they should have to sacrifice something for it. Currently, what they sacrifice is height. Every element sacrifices something in order to obtain something else. Water is able to have offense/defense/mobility together at once because it’s restricted by needing a source as well as the ability requirements. Water won’t have to sacrifice anything for this mobility spike.

Da Psic

Adding fast swim in waterspout is a great suggestion, before it was possible to lower it to water and start fast swimming when shifting, I'd rather keep the control underwater so the suggestion of it requiring space + shift is great.

I don’t think giving waterbenders FastSwim-type speed while on a waterspout is practical. If the plugin evolves to where that is even necessary we’ve come to a very sad place.

WaterSpout alone gives waterbenders a much larger access range to their X, Y, and Z positions. They are not bound by the ground or gravity so they can move freely. This aspect alone makes it difficult to attack them. Luckily, the elements are given some abilities with generously sized attack ranges which helps combat the spout. If you give a waterbender enhanced, FastSwim-type speed on their command that could make their mobility spike greatly. Pair that with their damage and defense and they’ll be unstoppable as long as they have a body of water. They’re already difficult to fight in a body of water as it is.

This is not fair to the other elements. If a waterbender wants to swift swim, they should have to sacrifice something for it. Currently, what they sacrifice is height. Every element sacrifices something in order to obtain something else. Water is able to have offense/defense/mobility together at once because it’s restricted by needing a source as well as the ability requirements. Water won’t have to sacrifice anything for this mobility spike.
Sorry to put this on this thread, gonna derail a bit.

This isn't Pokemon, please stop treating the plugin and forums as a means to a competitive PvP plugin in every suggestion you see.

Water is constantly addressed as the strongest bending element especially its sub type blood since it removes the water limitations.
Water is extremely limited to liquids and they are supposed to EXCEL at all "stats", offense, mobility, defense as long as they have resources.
The plugin is heavily based on the canon avatar world, else examples wouldn't be demanded upon thread posting and it wouldn't be named Project Korra.

What's the issue with making things "unbalanced"(subjective), servers can config it as they like and have their own balance.
Else remove the config options all together.
Put a waterbender in a desert/forest and their literately useless. Put them in an ocean and they are gods. That is how it works.
Maybe gitgud at bending

If devs wanted to balance the plugin for PvP they'd would have to remove all limitations and remove bloodbending, lightning stun, chi blockers and anything else that would immediately give an advantage over other elements they would also have to make nearly every move identical or a heavy progression system and remove any RNG.
(If you want to bash me, private message me)

Pride

What's the issue with making things "unbalanced"(subjective), servers can config it as they like and have their own balance.
Else remove the config options all together.
because it'll be a total waste of time for devs to work on whatever suggestion a person suggested if the owner of the server's just going to disable it
thats the risk that devs are willing to take in your perspective if they have no clue if every person agrees with the suggestion as a whole

This isn't Pokemon, please stop treating the plugin and forums as a means to a competitive PvP plugin in every suggestion you see.
(If you want to bash me, private message me)
also, that is hilarious

xNuminousx

please stop treating the plugin and forums as a means to a competitive PvP plugin in every suggestion you see.
This is probably one of the most ignorant things... When making the plugin and even when creating concepts for the show itself the creators have to consider how the element work together. "Working together" being how they fair in combat. In any other situation that's not combat related, it doesn't really matter. So because an argument not dealing with combat won't make anything overpowered, we don't talk about it. That is unless the aspect grants an unfair advantage in a survival sense.

This suggestion does not make survival unfair nor can I think of any other circumstance where this suggestion is bad. The only circumstance I see in which this is unfair is in a PvP scenario. So excuse me while I talk about that.

Water is constantly addressed as the strongest bending element especially its sub type blood since it removes the water limitations.
Water is extremely limited to liquids and they are supposed to EXCEL at all "stats", offense, mobility, defense as long as they have resources.
The plugin is heavily based on the canon avatar world, else examples wouldn't be demanded upon thread posting and it wouldn't be named Project Korra.
This doesn't contradict anything nor does it support the suggestion. I've already stated the base concept for these arguments.

Just because servers have the option to customize abilities doesn't mean we should just not care about what they are by default. It's likely that they work to set a default config so that server developers spend less time working on it. It's just easier for everyone if a nice, balanced config is given in the beginning rather than working so hard to achieve it in the end.

Making things unbalanced in the plugin will cause more work and stress to the server developers, especially on a large scale. That's the issue.

Maybe gitgud at bending
You don't need to be a good bender to recognize what it requires to be a good bender. That's like saying you need to be a good singer yourself to say whether or not a song you're listening to is good.

If devs wanted to balance the plugin for PvP
it should be balanced for all situations, not just one. That's why those abilities you listed are there.

iCarly

The agility this will add may pave the way for the other elements to create more ideas about countering water and each other but still keeping the balance.

Using fast swim in a spout is something you can only do in the ocean and snowy fields like the terrain in the two water tribes. Try doing it in a small pond, you fall. Try doing it in a tiny lake, you lose control. THAT'S what they are going to sacrifice. Lower/Mid-Tier players are going to have a harder time mastering water bending, thus augmenting the skill ceiling. That's the point here. I mean, who in their right mind would fight a water bender in a deep and large body of water? Or fight them in their home town? Isn't that the point of water bending? It is the size of their ammunition that gives them power.

xNuminousx

Exactly, no one would try to fight a waterbender in a large body of water. Because it’s already really hard to. You’re wanting to make it harder. I don’t see a balanced way for the elements to combat a fast moving spout in the body of water. Unless we give them all fast moving spouts lol.

xNuminousx

Also, something I just realize is that to fast swim you have to shift. If you shift on a spout you go down, unless you hold space with it. Doesn’t seem like the best mechanic. That is, unless you want it to be a true passive in which you just have to be on the WaterSpout ability slot to use it which sounds absolutely horrendous.

iCarly

Exactly, no one would try to fight a waterbender in a large body of water. Because it’s already really hard to. You’re wanting to make it harder. I don’t see a balanced way for the elements to combat a fast moving spout in the body of water. Unless we give them all fast moving spouts lol.
It's not supposed to be easy, it never was supposed to be easy. Even in the shows. o_O

xNuminousx

I never said it should be easy. In fact, I said this:
WaterSpout alone gives waterbenders a much larger access range to their X, Y, and Z positions. They are not bound by the ground or gravity so they can move freely. This aspect alone makes it difficult to attack them. Luckily, the elements are given some abilities with generously sized attack ranges which helps combat the spout.