• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Important Updates on the official ProjectKorra Server, your input needed

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone, I’m creating this thread to provide an update on the ProjectKorra server, as well as to open up discussions and answer questions that you all may have. So here we go:

First, a quick explanation on what the ProjectKorra Server is:

The ProjectKorra Server will be an official ProjectKorra product, much like anything else we release. It will be professionally maintained by the ProjectKorra staff and held to the same standards as the rest of our products. It will be designed to bring the community together in one place to have fun, test new things, and get to know each other better.

With that being said, here are some quick questions and answers:

How can I access the server?
The server is still being constructed, but access will be completely free forever. There will be perks available in-game for use, however, the features of ProjectKorra (element switches, Probending and Spirits (when available), all default abilities, etc) will be available to anyone that signs on. The point of this server is to show off what ProjectKorra is capable of, therefore, it is only right to allow access to everyone.

That said, the server will need to generate some type of income to sustain itself. We will be having some type of Sponsor program on the server (renamed for gimmicks). Donors will have access to additional perks that aren’t Pay2Win and aren’t obnoxious.

What are some prominent server features?
The currently planned features are a main survival world, an arena, and Probending when it becomes available. The idea of the server will be for it to be pretty sand-boxy and hands off. This means that players will be able to sort of design the game as they wish, form alliances, kill each other, etc. There’s a lot about specific gameplay features that haven’t been discussed yet, but let me tell you what has:
  • The chat will be simple. One thing that just about everyone agrees on is that server chats shouldn’t be obnoxious.
  • The setup process will be extreme simple. Players will spawn in a smaller city that’ll sort of explain some Bending things if you need it, but the instructions for how to get out will be pretty clear. (You’ll also start with some tutorials, so yay!)
  • We’ll design our own /help menus!
  • Rules are still being discussed, but most of them will be common sense. (Ideas appreciated)
  • PvP and PvE will be on, but the exact structure of plugins that facilitate PvP are still being discussed.
  • Staffing will be pretty simple as well. Most ProjectKorra staff members won’t have tags in-game (that’s what /bending who is for), but the team of Server Administrators and Moderators will have a small tag [Admin] [Mod] before their name to keep the chat nice and clean. Server Staff applications will be opening very soon, keep an eye out!
So here’s what I want from the community:
Ideas! There is a lot still to be planned out and here are some specific things I’m looking for:
  • Plugin suggestions? Other server owners, what have you used to facilitate combat? Clans? Factions? Simple parties? Or just some player level alliances.
  • Sponsor ideas! Perks that aren’t Pay2Win. Things like Nicknames, etc, etc.
  • Other cool ideas you may have for the server? I want to hear them all. This is your chance to help us build the ProjectKorra server from the ground up.
But I already have a server, why would I help out ProjectKorra?
Pretty soon, other servers will be able to Sponsor ProjectKorra! Servers will be able to get advertising space in our lobby world among other things still being planned. If the ProjectKorra Server picks up and needs overflow space, that’s where your server could come in. There’ll be a mutual benefit and the official ProjectKorra Server would NEVER do anything to discourage players from visiting another server.

What about existing Sponsorships?
If you are a ProjectKorra sponsor when the server opens, you’ll have the equivalent rank on the server. Plain and simple.

Time frame?
We’re only just beginning to ramp up our server ideas. This will probably take a couple of weeks to get all of the details sorted out but I plan to announce updates frequently as things are planned. This is a community server, therefore, we want the community to be involved every single step of the way.

Thanks everyone! Comment away!

Will there be ads? [Idea] Also, will we be able to toggle them off through a single command?

I also think there should be a feature to /ignore players that are being really obnoxious or plain cocky.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

If this gonna RP type of plugin, there may as well be Kingdom plugin for the four nations (tribes, nomads, kingdom and nation). There should be one random choose avatar at a time per month. The Server could be split into two timeline words: Aang era and Korra avatar. Each would have their own avatar and architectual design.

Will this server be custom free (no custom passives/abilities/combos/elements) ? I think it should, because about every bending server you go has custom abilities which imo bring unbalance to the game.

NickC1211

The official server should be like the greatest rp server ever. You could recruit builders and stuff to remake the avatar world. Like mesk said a kingdom plugin or something.

xNuminousx

Will this server be custom free (no custom passives/abilities/combos/elements) ? I think it should, because about every bending server you go has custom abilities which imo bring unbalance to the game.

Well much like I suggested, if the Official server is Bungee, there should be a test server. It would help with your Aang era vs Korra era. In the Aang server, it could be less tech and more focused around farming and architecture where the Korra server would be more focused around evolving and technology (by using plugins that allow motor vehicles or some stuff). And because it's Bungee, the plugins in the Korra server would not impact the plugins in the Aang server. But I think Bungee costs more money than usual, not too sure on that.

But back to my testing idea, if you do have a Bungee server I think a test server should be made. This server features the latest Pk builds (Core, Items, RPG, Probending, Spirits) as well as most updated add-ons. This server would be most beneficial for staff members of OTHER servers. Here, they can test out different things without having to restart/reload their own server and potentially break stuff. They can also use this server to test out the latest Pk beta builds before adding it to their own server; this is assuming that the survival worlds use the latest stable builds and not the latest beta builds.

A donor perk I always enjoy is trails. Honestly that's generally the reason I buy anything lol. They make me feel fancy and I enjoy watching myself in 3rd person, frolicking around everywhere xD

And you say that existing sponsors will be given a rank in game, does that also count for previous sponsors? I would assume that it only counts for people who currently have the Sponsor rank, but just want to clarify that.

Would you also be open to opening creative worlds? The Pk Build team seems a little short so 1) You could use a build world to host building competitions such as "New spawn that uses similar architecture from the Aang era" and then you could feature the winner as the new spawn, if it's good enough of course. Or you could just use the creative world as a place for people build different things from the show or possibly just build what they want lol. I always love flying around creative worlds and looking at everybody's creation.

Would you ever consider rebuilding the Avatar world in minecraft? You won't be able to do it with only 2 people of course lol, but maybe in the future you'll get more builders to help. If you were able to get enough builders, I think it'd be a fantastic idea. Maybe use some of the profits from the server to pay a build team to do it.

Okay I'm done :)

@xNuminousx I think you added wrong quote there, lol.

The currently planned features are a main survival world, an arena, and Probending when it becomes available.
Consider engaging to play more in a survival/wilderness world more than in a arena? At the very expand so it feels like wilderness? I really do wish If we could, like let's say Faction+Bending type of deal? There could be treasure hunts or whatever to encourage others to play and duel in wilderness.

Also, any bending related mini games? Skywars with bending would be cool. Air ball? Pro bending?

xNuminousx

@xNuminousx I think you added wrong quote there, lol.
No, I didn't. I was gonna talk about the custom ability additions in my "test server" idea but my mind got side tracked and I started talking about a different quote. But you can see in the NEXT thing I'm about to quote, the first paragraph of my response was supposed to be about the testing of custom abilities.
But back to my testing idea

You mean their second server for add-on testing? Sure why not, but I don't find that necessary: anyone can create a localhost for testing stuff. If you mean PK's only one server, I disagree to that idea.

xNuminousx

You mean their second server for add-on testing? Sure why not, but I don't find that necessary: anyone can create a localhost for testing stuff. If you mean PK's only one server, I disagree to that idea.
If they were Bungee they'd have more than 2 servers. And the point to creating this and setting it up is to give the MANY server developers out there easier access to testing things. It just offers a little help and support. It may sound easy to you, but to others maybe not.

xNuminousx

If they were Bungee they'd have more than 2 servers. And the point to creating this and setting it up is to give the MANY server developers out there easier access to testing things. It just offers a little help and support. It may sound easy to you, but to others maybe not.
Plus I just thought about how it would also allow players to mess around with moves they may not have access to on other servers and, for them, the testing server would act as sort of a "play ground" where they can mess around with no limitations (as in they'd have access to all the abilities and everything Pk has to offer rather than how most servers will restrict moves for donations or simply because they're too OP).

I think that this is a good idea and i will be ready to help with same Ideas for the server
Like ProBending. I have a lot of probending ideas :Р Like What moves will be used and what materials will be
Maybe i can Build it, becuz i know how to :Р And i always use same screenshots of the show to build samethink (It means that i can say how many holes in here and where should be a water, whare holes need to be and the other thinks)

TFORTNT

Hello everyone, I’m creating this thread to provide an update on the ProjectKorra server, as well as to open up discussions and answer questions that you all may have. So here we go:

First, a quick explanation on what the ProjectKorra Server is:

The ProjectKorra Server will be an official ProjectKorra product, much like anything else we release. It will be professionally maintained by the ProjectKorra staff and held to the same standards as the rest of our products. It will be designed to bring the community together in one place to have fun, test new things, and get to know each other better.

With that being said, here are some quick questions and answers:

How can I access the server?
The server is still being constructed, but access will be completely free forever. There will be perks available in-game for use, however, the features of ProjectKorra (element switches, Probending and Spirits (when available), all default abilities, etc) will be available to anyone that signs on. The point of this server is to show off what ProjectKorra is capable of, therefore, it is only right to allow access to everyone.

That said, the server will need to generate some type of income to sustain itself. We will be having some type of Sponsor program on the server (renamed for gimmicks). Donors will have access to additional perks that aren’t Pay2Win and aren’t obnoxious.

What are some prominent server features?
The currently planned features are a main survival world, an arena, and Probending when it becomes available. The idea of the server will be for it to be pretty sand-boxy and hands off. This means that players will be able to sort of design the game as they wish, form alliances, kill each other, etc. There’s a lot about specific gameplay features that haven’t been discussed yet, but let me tell you what has:
  • The chat will be simple. One thing that just about everyone agrees on is that server chats shouldn’t be obnoxious.
  • The setup process will be extreme simple. Players will spawn in a smaller city that’ll sort of explain some Bending things if you need it, but the instructions for how to get out will be pretty clear. (You’ll also start with some tutorials, so yay!)
  • We’ll design our own /help menus!
  • Rules are still being discussed, but most of them will be common sense. (Ideas appreciated)
  • PvP and PvE will be on, but the exact structure of plugins that facilitate PvP are still being discussed.
  • Staffing will be pretty simple as well. Most ProjectKorra staff members won’t have tags in-game (that’s what /bending who is for), but the team of Server Administrators and Moderators will have a small tag [Admin] [Mod] before their name to keep the chat nice and clean. Server Staff applications will be opening very soon, keep an eye out!
So here’s what I want from the community:
Ideas! There is a lot still to be planned out and here are some specific things I’m looking for:
  • Plugin suggestions? Other server owners, what have you used to facilitate combat? Clans? Factions? Simple parties? Or just some player level alliances.
  • Sponsor ideas! Perks that aren’t Pay2Win. Things like Nicknames, etc, etc.
  • Other cool ideas you may have for the server? I want to hear them all. This is your chance to help us build the ProjectKorra server from the ground up.
But I already have a server, why would I help out ProjectKorra?
Pretty soon, other servers will be able to Sponsor ProjectKorra! Servers will be able to get advertising space in our lobby world among other things still being planned. If the ProjectKorra Server picks up and needs overflow space, that’s where your server could come in. There’ll be a mutual benefit and the official ProjectKorra Server would NEVER do anything to discourage players from visiting another server.

What about existing Sponsorships?
If you are a ProjectKorra sponsor when the server opens, you’ll have the equivalent rank on the server. Plain and simple.

Time frame?
We’re only just beginning to ramp up our server ideas. This will probably take a couple of weeks to get all of the details sorted out but I plan to announce updates frequently as things are planned. This is a community server, therefore, we want the community to be involved every single step of the way.

Thanks everyone! Comment away!
About the server, will there be more moves only on this server than all the others because that will be really cool, also I really want to see at least one more air bending move when it's done. I hope to see this server succeed

xNuminousx

About the server, will there be more moves only on this server than all the others because that will be really cool, also I really want to see at least one more air bending move when it's done. I hope to see this server succeed
It's likely that they will use only official Project Korra plugins and abilities. But, I suggested they have a test server where users could have unlimited access to all the updated resources on the Pk website(such as abilities and side plugins). I could definately see this happening but I'm not too sure on how "unlimited" it'd be and it most likely would not effected survival and arena worlds/servers.

What kind of airbending move you wanna see?