• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Uses For Bending (Other Than Combat)

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Ur joking right
I'm not.
Waterbenders cannot create life from nothing.
Redstone and electricity are two different things
Lighter and illuminate are basically the same thing
Earth Tunnel and extraction are the only digging tools you really need
What does air even have to do with taming in the first place

Not to mention that these things haven't been displayed as possible in the show, so they never will be shown, and the odds of them appearing in the comics are slim to none.

Moonelight

Not to mention that these things haven't been displayed as possible in the show, so they never will be shown, and the odds of them appearing in the comics are slim to none.
I can prove your point wrong.
Since airbenders are peaceful and practice pacifism, they are usually more calm around animals, making themselves trustworthy to that animal. Also the airbenders had flying bison and flying lemurs. Just think how hard both of these animals would be to tame if under the ownership of a hotheaded firebender or tempermental waterbender. Bad stuff would go down.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Waterbenders cannot create life from nothing.
Redstone and electricity are two different things
Lighter and illuminate are basically the same thing
Earth Tunnel and extraction are the only digging tools you really need
What does air even have to do with taming in the first place
For waterbending it would be like in the first series when Hama bends the water out of the fire lilies, just in reverse.
For Fire, redstone is the electricity of minecraft if you haven't noticed.
For earth, did you even read the earth suggestion? I doesn't include digging, at all.
For air, I already described it.

xD Cel Dx

So I guess the Core plugin really ignored most of the uses for bending other than combat and mobility. So I am just going to suggest a couple ideas for each element to benefit users in daily minecraft life.

Water -
Fertilization (needs new name ik)
The user uses Waterbending to grow a baby plant/flowers on grass. The move would only take one try to fully grow the plant, therefor being a better use than Bonemeal. This move also works to grow grass on regular dirt.

Select Fertilization>Shift on selected baby plant/bare grass/dirtblock> Grow life

Earth -
Morph (name please? xD)
Simply select a block that has the option of being morphed. Shift on the block and it will morph into a specific item that has a good use. Here's a couple examples; While having Morph selected (With Iron Block in slot) shift for 4 seconds to turn it into a bucket. Or shift with a stone block to turn it to lava.
Select Morph>Shift while having a optional block in hand> Block turns to optional item/block

Fire -
Conduction :)/)
Use this move to power red stone or use blocks/doors only able to be opened by levers/buttons.
Select Conduction>Left click any red stone operated block>Powers that block

(Bonus)
Lighter (these names tho xD)
Use this move while having sticks in hand to create torches.
Select Lighter>Shift while having sticks in slot>Turn sticks to torches

Air -
Taming (omg)
Shift on a specific farm animal mob and the either (for cows/sheep/pigs) tame it and be able to ride it at any given time or (for wolfs/ocelots) tame the animal to make it become your pet.
Select Taming> Shift while looking at the specific farm mob>Tame that mob in 1 of 2 ways

Okay that's all I have xD The names are the worst part of each move, but maybe you guys can help?:) I hope you like these moves, thanks for reading!
i totally aggree that bending has to have more uses than pvp but i think the water move should be to grow grass and grow crops instead of baby flowers :s or maybe this would make the grass/dirt its used on more fertile (easier/faster crop growth) or even to be able to grow crops without water? all round good idea not too sure on some aspects of the moves tho

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Ok
For waterbending it would be like in the first series when Hama bends the water out of the fire lilies, just in reverse.
For earth, did you even read the earth suggestion? I doesn't include digging, at all.
Okay so I did misread the morph thing, but still, just because redstone is the electricity of Minecraft doesn't make them the same thing.
Evidence: Lightning doesn't set off redstone devices
Your argument being that Hama killed flowers means she can grow them? By that logic firebenders need to have the same move because they can destroy plants by burning them.
Taming still makes no sense since it has nothing to do with airbending.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Ok

Okay so I did misread the morph thing, but still, just because redstone is the electricity of Minecraft doesn't make them the same thing.
Your argument being that Hama killed flowers means she can grow them? By that logic firebenders need to have the same move because they can destroy plants by burning them.
There are two types of electricity we are talking about. Your talking about heat lightning that benders create. I'm talking about static electricity that they can use to power machinery. Maybe if they add machines and electricity at some point in minecraft, it could be that type of electricity. But for now we have redstone. Fire benders wouldn't have the ability to grant life to plants because can't plantbend or reincarnate ashes. Waterbenders could bend water into plants to make them grow. And I've already explained taming and air bending in another post.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
There are two types of electricity we are talking about. Your talking about heat lightning that benders create. I'm talking about static electricity that they can use to power machinery. Maybe if they add machines and electricity at some point in minecraft, it could be that type of electricity. But for now we have redstone. Fire benders wouldn't have the ability to grant life to plants because can't plantbend or reincarnate ashes. Waterbenders could bend water into plants to make them grow. And I've already explained taming and air bending in another post.
Okay, so explain to me the use of conduction then?

Also, no waterbender's can't put water back into plants. It would be incredibly hard to put all the water back into the proper place, such as splitting water up into molecules and putting the proper amount in each cell in order to revive it in such a manner. Waterbenders can heal people and animals, but not plants/

Okay, Hama pulled the water out of a bunch of flowers. She did not make grass turn into larger grass or flowers. You may argue that the plant benders in the swamp grew the vines, but all they did was pull the vines onto themselves, never once making them larger than they were.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Okay, so explain to me the use of conduction then?
To activate a redstone contraption for a short amount of time.
Okay, Hama pulled the water out of a bunch of flowers. She did not make grass turn into larger grass or flowers. You may argue that the plant benders in the swamp grew the vines, but all they did was pull the vines onto themselves, never once making them larger than they were.
I guess I sort of worded it wrong. It wouldn't be putting the water back into flowers, it would be using healing waters on the water inside the plant. Increasing the nutrition of the water needed to grow.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
To activate a redstone contraption for a short amount of time.

I guess I sort of worded it wrong. It wouldn't be putting the water back into flowers, it would be using healing waters on the water inside the plant. Increasing the nutrition of the water needed to grow.
Okay, I just have one more question about conduction, when would it be easier than using redstone torch?

Also, you couldn't heal water the way healing works. Waterbenders uses water as a way to transfer their chi into the applicant to help redirect/heal their chi flow to ease pain and facilitate recovery.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Okay, I just have one more question about conduction, when would it be easier than using redstone torch?
If you don't want there to be a torch there. It could also be used in the same way a torch could; activating and deactivating a set trail, except in controlled bursts. If you make a red stone door, you could make it acssesible with the torch already activating it, and then use conduction to open it for longer than a button/pressure plate and shorter than a lever.
Also, you couldn't heal water the way healing works. Waterbenders uses water as a way to transfer their chi into the applicant to help redirect/heal their chi flow to ease pain and facilitate recovery.
Yeaaaa. Well you got me beat there. If anyone else wants to argue it, go ahead.

xD Cel Dx

Ok

maybe there ould be a way of channeling electric into a redstone repeater or somethng like maco in season one working at the factory??

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
it makes sense that taking water from something kills it but throwing water at plants doestn make them grow.Hama was able to bend the water out of plants not bend the life out of them it just doesnt make sense
It isn't throwing water at plants, but more so giving the plant nutrients that enhance it's growth rate through water.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
It isn't throwing water at plants, but more so giving the plant nutrients that enhance it's growth rate through water.
Bonemeal is the easiest way to do this. Besides my earlier statement, it would require so much time and focus to move the exact amount of water into each cell. Too little, the cells die (which they already are dead) or too much and the cells burst. This move just doesn't seem necessary. I get that you want more plantbending but this isn't the way to go.